Favorite Options what are yours?

No techbrokering - beacause I'm not good enough with the diplo part
random on - because I like random
fractal - would use fractalcontinents if it was an option
random sea level
random climate - I prefer non standard (computer is generally worse on non standard)
large size - huge is too much, normal is a bit small if I rush one or two civs

Regular Civ IV, no expansions, no nuthin'.

Huge continents map.
Cold climate.
Bismark, Peter, Louis XI, Saladin, or Gandhi.
Deity level.
High sea level.
5-9 AI's.
No special settings.
Epic speed.

Standard Size Map
Epic Speed
Fractal, Lakes, or Tectonics
No Events

I just started using "No Events" and I love it. I didn't realize how much the slave revolts annoyed me. Plus, I've found that the quests are usually a distractions, and the rewards never seem to be that good.

That reminds me of a question I wanted to ask a long time ago; is there a way to keep quests while turning off the random events? I'm assuming no, but if not the idea of setting random seed on reload might be something I start to play with. I've always liked the idea of the quests and haven't seen or completed very many of them.

Emperor or Immortal
Whichever leader I feel like (lately Darius or Tokugawa)
Large Map
Marathon
Continents/Hemispheres/Pangaea/Fractal/Tectonics
Medium Sea Level
Natural Shorelines
Choose Religions
No Tech Brokering
Lock Modified Assets
Time victory disabled

That reminds me of a question I wanted to ask a long time ago; is there a way to keep quests while turning off the random events? I'm assuming no, but if not the idea of setting random seed on reload might be something I start to play with. I've always liked the idea of the quests and haven't seen or completed very many of them.

Sorry, I don't think this is possible. :sad:

I've been using choose religions lately too just for the flavor of it. Kinda nice when Izzy founds Christianity instead of Buddhism:crazyeye:.

Strictly speaking it should be the Caesars founding Christianity, n'est-ce pas?

Top Bottom