1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Quick Keys?

Discussion in 'RoM Strategy & Tips' started by Hydromancerx, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

There are many quick keys in the game but what are your favorite?

My top 3 are...

1. "SHIFT + Select" when choosing buildings or units in the city.

2. "ALT + Select" when wanting to make a unit over and over. This works great for spamming religions and corporation units.

3. "CTRL + A" Abandon City is great for deleting those buildings you just don't like or deleting a city that's not profitable to you but you don't want the enemy to take over.

2. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Later on I like to create (large) army-groups (as well as fleet and airforce) that are bound together by Strg + Number (just like in good old C & C). Once you press the number your force is focussed.

For example if you tend to pacify a area of barbs/partisans, your army corps swarms out to the different targets. Once the job is done, the remaining troops are concentrated again by Number + Click on a tile (city).
    Saves some time, sometimes.

3. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

ALT+X and CTRL+X, great help for choosing the city plots you want to use for your settlers.

4. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

I'm with Zappara, I use Alt-X a LOT to lay out my cities. I like to use Alt-S to make notes to remind myself of what I was doing when I leave and come back later to a game. Helps me to remember which cities I've frozen growth on to recheck and get going again. I hate it when I stop a city for happiness, change civics later and forget I've stopped growth!

How exactly do you assign a group to a number? That sounds interesting.

5. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

@Hydromancerx: I am glad that you made this thread. There are a bunch of Hotkeys I didn't know about. I knew about ALT+X but not CTRL+X- adding this to my top used ones. I knew about ALT+S but never really used it- I probably will now for like Carwyn said, to leave notes in between games. And finally, CTRL+A to destroy buildings...awesome! I never knew about that one- I knew it was possible, somehow to destroy cities but never figured it out.

Anyone know what the shortcut to release a city?

6. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

Select the units you want to group then press CTRL+#. Replace # with a number from 1 through 9. It looks like you can't have one unit in more than one group. The older grouping is removed.

7. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

@damunzy Do CTRL + A and in the list is Abandon city.

8. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

F1 and there in the lower right corner of the window is a red fist, when clicking on it, it shows cities to form colony or liberate to civ X, you can do it in diplo mode too, if you wanna gift a city to civX.

9. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

CTRL + A - Abandon City
    Helps unclutter cities by "selling" obsolete buildings and allows removal of stupidly placed AI cities I conquered without the Diplomatic penalty (I no do the latter due to Realistic Diplomacy since it feels like cheating).