1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Scenarios?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by tpac, Jan 5, 2015.

?

Which scenarios in Civ 5 do you really enjoy?

1. 1066: Year of Viking Destiny

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. American Civil War

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Conquest of the New World (Deluxe)

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Empires of the Smoky Skies

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Fall of Rome

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Into the Renaissance

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Paradise Found

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Rise of the Mongols

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  9. Samurai Invasion of Korea

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  10. Scramble for Africa

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  11. Wonders of the Ancient World

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. I've never played any scenarios

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. claudiupb

claudiupb King

To be honest the game had some good scenarios, but the problem is they were never updated to benefit from the latest patches and expansions. If they had gotten an official deluxe version like Conquest of the New World almost all of them could have been good. The ones that could not have been saved even with a deluxe version are the one about Polynesia, the American civil war and the steampunk one (honestly they could have made a scenario with a sci-fi theme sort of like a beyond earth teaser, which might have sparked more interest for the Beyond Earth game).

To list the ones I liked best I think ItR and FoR are probably the top 2.

2. beetle

beetle Deity

That’s some pretty good editorial comments @claudiupb! It really is a shame then did not revisit the scenarios with the updated game mechanics. With IV and BtS, the scenarios were a real strength, so it is kind of odd that V was totally backwards in that regard. All that said, I loved the Smokey Skies scenario, I would love to see that expanded. The mega tanks! Triplanes docking on zeppelins! It was hoot!