Favorite Sports

Basketball (excluding NBA) and baseball are my favorites to play and watch.

honestly the nba bores me. they dont play hard (with a few exceptions). i find no pleasure in watching one player dribble down the court and shoot from 24 feet away or throw it into a 7'5" 325 pound monster and then jog back and not play any defense. i prefer the fast pace, high intensity of college and even high school ball.

:hmm: I never notice how bad players are with fundamentals, since I only watch the playoffs. The regular season is too long. Played some b-ball myself in high school and I sucked at defense. Rarely missed 3-piont and never a free throw. I tried watching some college and high school but there was to many missed shots. The best of the best make the playoffs and thats the only reason I watch them. I do look at March Madness off and on so I see what you mean about intense.

Originally posted by Alone
BASKETBALL , EUROPEAN and AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

Tho I don't understand why american call that FOOTball couse they don't kickin the ball by footthat much in this game?

The original game of American football featured more kicking, it was very simular to rugby. After the turn of the century, quite a few college players had been killed. Under presidential order (I think it was Teddy Roosevelt), colleges had to change the way the game was played, and thus evolved the modern day game of American football

1. Football
2. Football
3. Football
4. Football

Then come cycling, speedskating and Formula 1.

I also like to watch ice hockey and American style modified rugby (NFL), but it is hardly covered here.

Apart from being in the 2nd month of a 9 month recovery from a cruciate ligament operation, I play field hockey myself.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Inter32

Indoor Cricket? how's that?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Stapel

Not out!
That joke is so good I wish I'd said it.

Originally posted by Mariusz
3. Ski Jumping - winter sport #1 in Poland, thanks to Adam Malysz - our great champ.

Roar Ljoekelsoey is my king :)

Originally posted by jeriko one
1.Football
2.Curling

How on earth does a Turk get interested in curling? Never mind, fantastic sport...except when Norway lose :p

To watch:
1. Football (American, but you knew what I ment...)
2. Basketball
3. Hockey

To play:
1. Basketball
2. Tennis
3. Football

I hate to annoy all non-US people ;), but I'd get confused if I said football because I live in the United States... I'd think I meant American Football... FOOTBALL (outside the U.S.) RULEZ!!!!! In the U.S. its soccer. I have no clue why they call American football that. You dont use your feet except to run and kick! Thats so dumb... besides, Football has been around for longer and has been called Football for longer... oh well.

For all of you who aren't annoyed by the word "soccer" or who can stand it enough ;)... I have a football/soccer web forum! its located at http://soccerplayer.proboards26.com/

Top Bottom