Favorite supremacy unit - combat medic!

Jacozilla

Warlord
My favorite unit is the tier 4 infantry the solider/marine upgrades to on supremacy path, with the +10 heal upgrade pick.

CNDR tier 2 will be your front line troops but I always have a couple of these medics for every combat group since their heal applies even if your CNDRs did not stop to heal. Basically they are walking half node that auto heals all adjacent units even if those units did not stop to heal.

With alien preserve +5 and the other +10 building, your front line troops heal +25 even in unfriendly territory when fortified, and +10 when on the attack. Plus the medics are decent at finishing off wounded units.

I find I play supremacy more and more because of the vindicator shoot and scoot, seraph double intercept, and these combat medics.

The problem with the AEGIS and other 3rd ring units is by the time you get them the game should be over.

Technically, the same criticism was often leveled at Panzers and other mid to late game UUs in the mainline Civs. In CivBE, you really often have to delay winning just to use the late game units in a war - this has to do with the low Affinity requirement for winning compared to actually using the late game units.

Apostles come before Affinity 13, though.

I like Apostles and I'm trying to see how to use CARVRs better. Of course, CNDRs are the easy, always-got-it Supremacy UU. In fact, I only actually teched to and got CARVRs in my last Supremacy game. They seem kind of awkward. The tech cost and position on the tree means that you're well on your way to level 2 CNDRs at 63 Strength before you get CARVRs at 50 Strength - and their higher Strength is pretty much their only draw.

Eh, infantry can't keep up with my Redeemers so I don't find they're much use, plus they can't really take on any late game units. I'm basically only building redeemers, seraphs (w. free rebase and extra damage) and vindicators late game, plus the occasional Angel. Like to have a very mobile army, especially since big tanky units get killed so easy if you take cities with them.

But yes, supremacy does seem to have the coolest military units. Definitely my affinity of choice if I have one.

Top Bottom