Favorite Unique Unit?

Hard question!
I guess it depends of which type of victory im pursuing. Personally always been quite fond of Immortals and since been playing Civ5 i'll go with dutch's Sea Beggar or Incan's Slinger can be quite funny when wiping annoying european units. My best game was an alliance between Netherlands, Inca, Aztecs and Mayans. They helped me dispatch Spain and England pretty easy, Jaguars and Slingers did most of the job as I pillaged reinforcements arriving on the seas.

I really love my Minutemen, as I love playing on New Arboreal maps, I make great use of how they can move like Scouts, and their power upgrades! I also love Golden Ages (I work very hard to make mine last as long as I can :)), and I feel they just look nice.

There are several which I find can be game changing: Path finder, ship of the line, camel archer, Jaguar Warrior. But what I like better than any UU, is to look after my original units and turn them into powerhouses over the game, so they have like 6-7 promotions, I love that type of unit the most!

Chu ko nu, longbows, upgraded Maori warriors and any upgraded seige weapon because of the promotions that are my candidates for uus to me. Some upgraded seige weapons like the watcha can be shooting at units and not shoot the target city to gain enough experience for range. Not only that but the seige will have to wait before its promotion.

Longbows and Ships of the Line. Both ranged units that can grab XP very fast.

Roman Legions - because I am a fan of well-placed roads, and Legions' ability to build not only roads but forts allows them to a) clear an area with their superior combat ability and ballista support, b) perma-secure the area and approaches with fortifications, and c) all the while building roads for follow-up units. (plus they look totally cool with their shields slung over their backs when they're working!) This area will soon be Roman!!

Camel Archer, Keshik, Chukonu, Horse Archer, Winged Hussar
(I'd say Longbowmen but I can't figure out how their 3 range LoS works!)

If you can get to the middle ages in good condition, the English Longbow can be really deadly, as its 3 range puts it out of the way of enemy positions.

Top Bottom