Favorite Victory Condition?

What's your favorite way to win?

• Total voters
Tomoyo said:
Conquest is the most satifying, but I am more of a builder at heart, so I'll say Space Race. Domination just takes forever...
Same here.
TimBentley said:
As a warmonger, I like conquest victories, although I like to vary my victory conditions from game to game.
I also do that sometimes.

I have done sci victory in a Multi dude game and a cultural victory with one turn to go. But I tend to win by Histograph, mainly cuz I like the modern age war fare. I mainly play for the enjoyment and challaenge rather than a big point{less} score

The only types of victories I have ever had are Histo (when I first started playing) Space (before I learned to wage war effectivley) Diplo (SGOTM02 - Team Mistfit - A good read on how to give away a Modern Age size 12 town to win) Domination (My current prefered winning condition)

I plan to take on Culture and Conquest soon - So my answer of Domination may change once I've tried them all.

Diplomacy Victory is easy. Simply give money to a civ and then trade your tech for the same money back. It makes you their friend and gives you tons of credit as the ultimate winner, and you can have a zero army. - no unit defend or attacking.

Conquest Victory.
Total warmonger, I don't stop until all of the other civs are defeated.
All of the other victories i don't bother with.

I've never won anything besides a conquest or histograph victory, on small or tiny maps. I absolutley love modern age warfare, and play just to get to the modern age, and fight a cold war with the AI nations.

Space race for two reasons

1. You get a nice victory movie.

2. If no-one launches a space ship, I'm afraid that SMAC will cease to exist.

Conquest or Domination. Both satisfy me. However, I plan to try others more often.

100k - the ultimate builders victory - requires a fast expansion some limited wars for territory, and good management of the empire.

It's nice to win by more than one condition simultaneously.
[BRAG]
I had a 5-way win once; histo/160k cluture/domination/conquest/space race (the UN vote was in the same year, but for some reason nobody would vote for me :mischief: )
In a different game I got five 20k cities and 160k total in the same turn (also with domination/conquest/space/histo on the side).
[/BRAG]
Regent and chieftain level respecively :blush:

there should be an option where winning the space would add to your domination & histograph & let you continue playing

I've played two games to completion thusfar and both of those have been space race victories.

Why only two games? Because this game kills my computer, that's why. :) Last time I tried to play this, my monitor caught fire (really!) and I had to replace it.

Cheers
T

I like winning by culture -- it makes me feel... um... cultured. Domination is less subtle, but very satisfying as well. I've never had a conquest yet and may never, because I really enjoy the expansion period and try to keep things nice with the neighbors until I'm good and established. By then, most of the world is settled.

Spaceship is what I bail to if culture and domination seem out of reach. For some reason, I've never gone the U.N. route...

I usually shot for Space race--i dont like war much, and my tech is usually a couple of tech ahead (in Monarch). I dont like domination or cultural victory....it spoil the fun as u have to win without ur control--Conquest, Space Race and Diplomatic can be control by me on when to win.

Conquest is a waste of time in most cases - as Domination occurs much sooner under the same principle. Culture is boring, but nice if you don't like to war. Space race is unrealistic (I still say it should be planetary, not stellular travel), and seems to only work if you're way ahead - in which case, conquering a few cities is enough. Guess the map size is a factor there. Diplomatic is foolish as it's an all or none try that can be exploited due to the way it's set up.

I don't like any of the victory conditions, so I usually play until I am satisfied with my result (or admit defeat). I guess points reflect this best, but long before the deadline I give in and quit or change to domination just to get the win. Hopefully they come up with something better in round 4.

Conquest, i feel you get your time's worth in the game. i feel the other victories come too 'cheaply'.

My traditional favourite is Domination. However, I am starting to take a liking to Conquest. It is just so much fun to raze all the cities of the world.

Domination. I usually try to go for conquest but then halfway through I'll slide along the path of least resistance and settle for domination.... :)

Top Bottom