favorite way to play

Slower than Marathon?? Ugh, that sounds terrible... I wouldn't slow the game down that much just to get a slight advantage. How long does it take you to finish a game?

well the odessy speed is probally different from game to game. i know me and Arma had slightly different settings in our games, i use it in New Destiny. for mine it is from 4000 BC to 2600AD and is 2000 turns. time it takes me to play at about 2 hours a day is around 3 weeks sometimes a month depending on what is going on. :). i made the game longer to make an allowance for the space era.

My first choice:
Speed: Stumbling
Map: Blurry
Leader: In his underwear and socks
Settings: In the dark
Difficulty: Drunken

When my wife is home: Epic, Tectonics, Random Leader, scared and sober, Monarch/Emperor

I wouldn't slow the game down that much just to get a slight advantage.

you can lower the difficulty to get an advantage.

I think most marathon-players do it because they want their game to last a long time and feel, to quote Barney: legen.... wait for it... DARY!!

not to gain an advantage over AI.

sorry for offtopic

My usual settings:

Game: Prince, Epic, no special settings.
Map: Fractal or Continents/Hemispheres. (Something with water) Standard or Large. Default number of Civs.
Civ and Leader: I usually choose one for their strengths and weaknesses, but sometimes Random is nice for the unpredictability factor.
Mods: BUG, BetterAI, Blue Marble, Varietas Delectat with the Modern Era Expansion pack.

Yup. Pretty dull. :)

you can lower the difficulty to get an advantage.

I think most marathon-players do it because they want their game to last a long time and feel, to quote Barney: legen.... wait for it... DARY!!

not to gain an advantage over AI.

sorry for offtopic

What I meant was that Marathon gives a small science/hammer advantage as opposed to epic, normal, or quick.

Top Bottom