1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite BTS unit for all civs?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Scaramanga, Nov 24, 2007.

?

Your favourite BTS unit available to all civs:

1. Airship

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Anti-tank Infantry

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Attack Submarine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cuirassier

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Corporate Executive

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Great Spy

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. Guided Missile

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. Missile Cruiser

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Mobile Artillery

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  10. Mobile SAM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Paratrooper

15 vote(s)
    16.3%
  12. Privateer

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  13. Ship-Of-The-Line

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  14. Stealth Destroyer

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  15. Tactical Nuke

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

BTS has been out for a while so hopefully people have gotten a chance to try out all the new units (maybe not all the new civs, though). Just wondering what everyone's favourite units for all civs are.

My personal favourite is the mobile artillery. It's a great compliment to modern armour/tanks for getting quick conquest in the modern/future age done.

I'm also a fan of the attack submarine with its decent naval strength and excellent retreat rating.

Paratroopers are fun to use (if they don't get shot down) and look cool while making resource denial harder to counter.

And then there's the privateer with its unique ability to decimate an enemy's fleet without actually declaring war.

2. occam

occam Warlord

I find the airship to be amazingly powerful for any single unit, especially with any kind of tech lead. What had previously been a very strong defensive AI city is suddenly and completely vulnerable. Substantially reduces the troops needed to take a city, allowing you to split your forces.

3. dragodon64

dragodon64 Noble

Privateer. Awesome and (more importantly) fun way to make money and fight a civilization without declaring war. Just wish there was a modern "pirate" type unit.

4. JJ Boston

JJ Boston Chieftain

I love being able to mess around with people using the privateer. I'm really fond of the airship too, they're always a military staple for me.

5. Powerslave

Powerslave Prince

The Privateer is mountains of fun.

Great Spies are good for... hmmm.. starting a golden age, I suppose.

6. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

i vote Airship- mostly because i hate it. But whatever.

My real fav is Privateer.

I HATE the GS- why cant it get a tech :cry:

7. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

50% so far claim the privateer is their favourite - not surprising :D. I also think the stealth destroyer is a great unit if you can get it well before anyone else. Only other stealths can see it and it makes a great sentry unit.

8. KMadCandy

KMadCandy giggling permanoob

GGs when i'm not at war, what could be better than that? yarrrrrrr!

i did just finish (like 10 minutes ago) my first game where mobile artillery really came into play. they were a huge help. they're spiffy too, but you have to be at war to use 'em and war's all messy and stuff.

and paratroopers win for cutest animation.

9. Infantry#14

Infantry#14 Emperor

paratrooper is my pick, because they can defend captured cities easily and also emergency reinforcement, which the ai doesnt do alot

10. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

I like privateers too but sometimes I forget that other civs can attack them without declaring war if they're just floating around: "Hey why did he just sink that? Oh, right":mad:.

11. Party

Party Warlord

Easily the privateer. It is tons of fun, wayyy to overpowered but ever so fun!
    But I gotta say that nothing is more fun then a fleet of missile cruisers loaded with tactical nukes.
    Entire civilizations have fallen in just a few turns before my mighty fleet!:lol: /evil

12. Pe Ell

Pe Ell Warlord

I like the paratrooper most of the new ones, with missile cruiser second. They really make modern wars more fun. Like to paradrop all over the place and pillage resources. Also cruise missiles can actually kill units, combine it with airforce and those paratroopers and you can capture cities without resistance fast.

13. Party

Party Warlord

You know, they are all great. I went over the list again and there was not one unit that I have not had a ton of fun with.

14. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Emperor

Paratrooper. Infantry with 5 moves from any city is just plain happy.

15. Il Corvo Bianco

Il Corvo Bianco Warlord

The privateer. If you have enough of that, you can spent a lot of money, be at -40 gold per round, and yet be able of gaining 50-60 gold ^^
    I almost killed Annibale's economy ^^

16. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Has anyone seen the AI build privateers?

17. Il Corvo Bianco

Il Corvo Bianco Warlord

One attacked my ship, so I think so...

18. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Wow, no love for the Cuirassier? I thought breaking up the mounted units more was a good move. Plus, the units look goofy, so that's an added plus.

Perhaps because I don't see the Modern Era that often (just won a 1450 CE domination with Napoleon...barely got to use my UU), I didn't even consider the new modern units. Privateers, for their cash-stealing abilities, not to mention starving enemy coastal cities (a far more important benefit, in my opinion...), are highly useful.

19. King of Town

King of Town Adventuring

Privateers are great. I really have to make a point of sticking around long enough to make the other units useful.

I picked great spies. I love espionage. I know everyone else hates it, but anytime I can let someone else do all the hardwork while I build my military is great.

20. Drill IV

Drill IV Chieftain

Great Spies are my favourites, because they can really help me win the game sometimes. EP are best to have against the strongest enemy, and the Great Spy gives you lots of them.