Favourite Civilizations!

The aztecs because hunting barbs with your beast-jags is so fun! The extra culture can easily lead you through trad/lib and honor.

I also like china and korea.

Babylon for the science win. The early academy is so nice.

China for war-mongering. Love me some Cho-ku-nu.

Shoshone because I love optimizing the beginning of a game.

haven't played a ton yet as I just upgraded to Civ 5, but so far:

Byzantines: if I really am in the mood for a super-religion - nice early units too if you plan to have a single war then play it peaceful. That initial territory plus the religion pretty much wins the game, though you gotta watch out for the warmongers who want to upset things late.

Rome: their ability is kinda boring but heck, it really gets powerful later on if you start amassing a sizeable empire. If you can keep your capital ahead in buildings (usually pretty easy) you've basically saved yourself 25% on the main building projects later on in _every_ new city you either conquer or build. Overall this results in the most saved turns out of any culture I've seen...this makes it freaking easy to keep up in buildings, military, and faith simultaneously and to amass a super-culture and stay way ahead in the civics. Plus they have some pretty decent early units. The combination of legionairres with ballista is great. You can do some heavy steamrolling while your legionairres simultaneously lay roads behind you to quickly rush new units out to the front.

Aztecs. Especially if you go honor. The extra gold and culture you get from farming barbs is a blast.

The one thing I don't like about them is that every city they found has 4 Ts and 4 Ls in it's name. I can't keep them straight when assigning my trade routes.

The Mongols. Because I am a warmongering menace to the world! :evil:

Japan with my Dojo Mod, :lol:

France is much better in BNW, just like Acien Regime + buff

Spain Just one good NW, then it would be a nice game :).

Poland O, love the Combination of the UU and UB, awesome!

Mongolia Still the best for conquering and razing, :lol:

Morroco Love the desert start and the UU is too damn powerfull if use well, the UI is like the little Petra, :lol:. Also it would be nice if you have Petra too.

China.. very deadly chu ku no. Plus paper maker. I have been playing china since Civ 3.

Why the great Alexander of Greece of course. Though in BNW it's such a easy diplo victory getting all the city states + patronage makes it so you always have most votes. Now I usually turn diplo and time victory off and play with multiple different civs I am liking the Aztecs and Babylon a lot. Venice is fun to now and again.

Wow, I can't believe no ones made this thread before! Anyways Shoshone. FLEXIBILITY.

I'm going to go with Assyria because I think they are the most unique among the civs. They are so different that I really have to think about my tech order and my plan with them, and playing super standard may not be the best situation. I like civs that force you to play differently than the norm, and Assyria isn't just good at war, but they actually need war to be good, which is cool!

I've been converted! I just played a game with the Dutch, Had somewhere around 30 happiness and 500 GPT! Love them so much now. :D

Byzantium, Celts, Etheopia, Maya, basically anyone dealing with religion b/c i love religon

This. I love building non stop cities all over the map to grab every resource available and for making war unattractive for enemy civs.

Faith helps so much with that!

Byzantium seems bring out the best of and my games they always seem to be best along with Gregorian chant. Otherwise I would Poland and Sweden.

Germany:

Free units and extra gold from barbarian camps, reduced maintenance on land units, cheap Landsknechts, and dominating panzers!

Sweden: really flexible, friendly to city-states and caroleans bring death in the late game. However it's not easy to understand how to play with them on the first sight.

I haven't really played that many games yet (only a few hundred, maybe a thousand hours... on marathon games with huge maps), but I really enjoy the Maya. I've always liked the idea of a culture where holy men respect the sciences, and scientists are given the status of priests... and there's nothing quite like liberty-spamming Mayan pyramids early in the game. I might have to play them next, once I'm done with this Arab game.

Top Bottom