Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No Military

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

Desertsnow

πr²
Just a little poll to see what players do for a little extra challenge.
And, aargh, can someone change 'no micromanagement' to 'no military' please? :wallbash:

A vote already, before I vote on my own poll. OCC for myself.

I rarely play variants, but when I do, Always War :D

Padma said:
Done. ;)

As for the poll itself, I don't normally play any variants.

Thanks hugely. :goodjob:

Always war... makes for a challenging builder game. (not kidding)

Guess what :)

Though most of my archiplago games look very much like (N)OW.

Edit: @Tomoyo: I must try that!

Yeah, I voted. It was a real tough decision, too.

Of all the approaches, the 5CC is my favorite. I like the challenge and it makes for a quick game. but, I enjoy any epic game in general.

Well In Civ 2 I used to do 0 tax and Despot (No government changes) variants. Haven't tried them in Civ 3. Have done a few 'Variants' in terms of aiming for a particular non winning goal.

I almost always play epic. However, after following the insane 30 civ AW thread for a while, I decided to try it myself (I usually play Emperor, so I played the Always War on Regent with random everything, barbs roaming, large map with 12 civs).

It's been a BLAST so far! I have actually won games where I never once went to war, so you can plainly see that I am the "builder" type. My current game has really sharpened up my warring skills. Plus, being able to move back to regent has actually made the game more fun (2 content citizens?! I can research faster than the AI??! Woohoo!! :crazyeye: ).

After trying that, I might even try one of those 5CC games -- I'm afraid that I would miserably fail at OCC....

I try to have at most 10 cities, although on larger maps i am forced to have 15, since the game seems to be mostly about having more cities and not very much about development :(
I dont go to wars often, but lately i always try to have at least one clearly victorious very early war, so as to eat up a couple of cities from some neighbours.

mastertyguy said:
awww... No AW-OCC! So OCC, altough my in-making game is AW (see link in sig).

Yeah, I realized later that I should have included a 'combination' option on the poll. :wallbash:

No War on a huge map. Its pretty hard to go through an entire game withut having any wars with any civ, but i have done it. Im not sure whether i should thinkof it as a win though because although i acheived my goal, the babylonians had a domination win.

Top Bottom