Favouritism towards Patriots?

From MSNBC

So what do you think? Is there really a conspiracy to make the Patriots finish undefeated?

While it seemed the Pats got several calls at the end of the game, ESPN, FOX & others have shown several clips of earlier plays were the Ravens got away with murder in the same game--it evens out in the end

I think ESPN has a favoritism to the Patriots. The moment I don't hear about the Patriots will be a happy one for me.

Acourse, it sells, "Next on sportscenter the Pats lead their division" doesn't match " Can the Pats stay undefeated? "

Yeah, but no one outside New England and Patriot fans want to hear 24/7 coverage about the Patriots. There are 31 other teams in the NFL.

Yea, where's all the wall-to-wall TO coverage I CRAVE!!?!?!

Yeah, but no one outside New England and Patriot fans want to hear 24/7 coverage about the Patriots. There are 31 other teams in the NFL.

Yeah, but you're forgetting about the casual bandwagoners who don't care about the 31 other teams in the NFL right now.

Nice to know that ESPN is a casual bandwagoner :p

There always has been favoritisim towards the Patriots, ever since that first championship season, when they shouldn't have even made it past Oakland in the playoffs.

There always has been favoritisim towards the Patriots, ever since that first championship season, when they shouldn't have even made it past Oakland in the playoffs.

Ah yes, the famous 'tuck rule' incident...

Patriots seem to be getting more calls than other teams. But isn't that the case in all team sports? That the big guys get more calls than the little ones? Like Michael Jordan in the 90s, or teams like Manchester United and Juventus in Champions League matches...?

The only thing I know is, had the Raven's sideline not have called a time-out, the Patriots would be 11-1 right now. Although, they did say the timeout was by a non-head coach, but I thought anyone could call a time out.

Well, if the Pats had made that first down, then Rex Ryan would be a hero. The Ravens players need to get over themselves and try to win a game or two down the stretch...or lose them all and draft Arrelious Bennett :D

@jjboston, it may be a dumb rule...but it's still a rule right? The Patriots are not invincible though, don't forget they started the next season 5-0 or some such and missed the playoffs in a tiebreaker with the Jets & Dolphins that let New York into the playoffs. Some conspiracy...can't even get them into the playoffs every year :mischief:

Every single call the referees made in the 4th quarter on Baltimore can be confirmed by looking at the video.

Baltimore players have been saying "we had 100 yards in penalties, that's why we lost. The Patriots didn't win; we beat ourselves." I don't think they realize penalty yards is not an excuse. The Patriots beat the Colts after committing roughly 140 yards in penalties, a franchise record.

You can be sure Baltimore wouldn't be complaining if they had won...

There is no more media favoritism towards the this year Patriots than there was towards the Colts in 2004. ;)

I don't understand why the NFL would want the Patriots, who were caught cheating earlier this year, to win anything. Or why they wouldn't want some parity and for the little guys to conquer the giants.

And, yes, ESPN loves the Patriots and Boston. But you know what? Screw the sports media. I don't see why you should watch people on TV give their own opinions on who cares what when odds are you won't agree with them anyways.

At least it's better than hearing about Barry Bonds 24/7.

If you leave ESPN on long enough you can get wall to wall coverage of everything. They have twenty four ours to talk about sports and you know what its always the samethings every hour.

Top Bottom