FBI raids Mar-A-Lago; Known criminal Donald Trump still at large

Will they find smoking gun evidence?

• Total voters

Hygro

soundcloud.com/hygro/

FBI agents raid DJ Trump's Florida estate. They even broke into his Safe. The Donald was not present, as he is in New Jersey for the summer. Will they catch him alive?

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, or so almost everyone tells me.

Funny how this failed to make the major news stories in Canada (I've just been doing my evening newsreading and posting on CBC). :coffee:

Funny how this failed to make the major news stories in Canada (I've just been doing my evening newsreading and posting on CBC). :coffee:
just as you posted, this popped up. Like at the exact same time.
CBC said:

Trump says FBI agents have raided his Florida home​

Justice Department spokesperson would not confirm whether the attorney general authorized a search

Though Trump released a statement Monday saying agents were searching his Mar-a-Lago estate, a U.S. Justice Department spokesperson said they had no comment when asked if Attorney General Merrick Garland had authorized the search.

"After working and co-operating with the relevant government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate," Trump said in his statement Monday.

However, the Justice Department has launched a preliminary investigation into Trump's removal of records to the Florida estate, a source familiar with the matter told The Associated Press in April.

That investigation comes after the U.S. national archives and records administration in February notified Congress that it had recovered about 15 boxes of White House documents from Trump's Florida home, some of which contained classified materials.

The U.S. House of Representatives oversight committee at that time announced it was expanding an investigation into Trump's actions and asked the archives to turn over additional information.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/trump-raid-florida-fbi-1.6545362

Yippee kai yea!

just as you posted, this popped up. Like at the exact same time.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/trump-raid-florida-fbi-1.6545362
It hadn't broken at the time I checked if it had, like about 10 seconds before posting.

Why is this listed under British Columbia? His only connection there is the brothel the family used to own.

It is well known the only news Canada gets is if something blows up real good or someone found a mouse in a bottle.
:rolleyes:

It looks like it is all about the federal records act and Trump keeping classified docs to share or sell. If convicted, he will be banned from holding federal office.

The interesting tidbit (to me) that has emerged from the reporting so far is that the Secret Service detail stationed at MaraLago were given a heads-up and let the FBI into the place. Should it ever come to Trump being arrested (and I'm not saying he will)
Spoiler :
but he will

this suggests that that potential obstacle is surmountable.

:lol: Kevin McCarthy threatens Merrick Garland

And since the FBI agents were there legally with a legal search warrant, any evidence "in plain sight" can also be secured and turned over to federal attorneys for examination. This happened to occur exactly 48 years since Richard Nixon resigned in the wake of the Watergate scandal.

Will they find "smoking gun" evidence? Given the bizarre special status that former "important" people get, it's unlikely they'd even be able to get a search warrant unless they had some impressive evidence to show the judge, so I'd be surprised if they don't find what they're hoping to find.

Perp walk may be more like a perp shuffle.
EDIT: Awww, video blocked from sharing. Its the video of Trump shuffling his way down the ramp as tuba music plays.

If convicted, he will be banned from holding federal office.

His conviction and banning from holding federal office would be the greatest day in American history

His conviction and banning from holding federal office would be the greatest day in American history
It exists in many other countries, or did at times, without being celebrated as a holiday. Banning politicians from running is usual in dictatorships ^_^
The exceptionalism in the case of the US is that they have terrible laws about people losing their right to vote or run for office - though, to be fair, the latter isn't that bad when restricted to very short times, and even if it was for 5 years it would take care of Trump.

The major problem arises when you ban (even if legal, I am not claiming the US will do something illegal in the US...) someone who can realistically win the race for president. Shows you have zero respect for voters or the procedure, so have to circumvent that. If Trump is a favorite to be the potus for the second time, maybe the more persistent problem lies elsewhere and not just Trump.

Last edited:
Interesting. I reckon the prosecutors and FBI must have presented a theory of what they might find in that safe, otherwise a judge would be hard to persuade into approving the search warrant.

That's always been my thought, but... what if it actually helps him and his Trumpists (notably Gov DeSantis) in 2024?

We know that he's going to tease his supporters about running in '24 right up until he has to actually register or not, which keeps DeSantis and others from actively campaigning. If he gets legally barred from running, despite his no doubt endless ranting about more witchhunts, it gives DeSantis et al the fig leaf to start their runs, "just in case the evil Dems and RINOs get this hoax to stick" etc and the True Trumpians may buy it. In other words, it may mitigate the schism that would otherwise result if DeSantis finally runs against Trump in the primary. I don't see DeSantis doing that - he's not nearly as narcissistic as Trump himself (though that's not saying much) - but eventually he or someone else will try to take the Trumpist lane of the presidential primary and the quicker Trump starts publicly disagreeing with that person (or making them look like his puppet, and Trump's narcissism means he can't not do one or the other) the better.

Top Bottom