Fciv.net now available!

The 2d version on the website works great. Haven't tried the 3d.

Fciv.net needs help to announce the project to the world, so we get players. Could you please help spread the news of this new project? May Fciv.net please get a post on the Civfanatics main website to announce the project launch?

Thank you! Do you have other ideas for how Fcivnet can achieve world domination?
Yes, there's a bug, at least on super small maps, in the 2d version, where the camera goes off the map instead of centering on the unit. Fix that and everyone will help you achieve world domination.

Yes, there's a bug, at least on super small maps, in the 2d version, where the camera goes off the map instead of centering on the unit. Fix that and everyone will help you achieve world domination.

Can you please describe specific steps to reproduce this bug? Thank you for reporting. I will try to find a solution.

On 2D mode, I was playing a world size of 1, civ2 rules, I can’t remember the rest. Whenever the camera would pan to a unit, maybe too far north, it would put the camera off the map in the blackness.

It seems monitor size/resolution dependent; it happened a lot on my 34” ultra wide than my 13”, perhaps further south the bigger the resolution?

thanks for checking it out!

And the developers of fciv.net are further developing their version of FreeCiv. Above you can see the latest show case for December 2022.
If you want to have a quick (or not so quick, whom are we kidding?) game online, then head over here: https://www.fciv.net/ .

fciv.jpeg

AI, in the form of image generators and large language models, are currently the hype. And ChatGPT has now also finally arrived for Civ fans! FCiv.net (an offshot of FreeCiv) has announced today that they have incorporated ChatGPT into their diplomacy engine.
Will we now see leaders realistically talking too each other? Or an AI, which will end a trade agreement in the next turn? It will be interesting to see how the current AI developments can improve Civilization!

Top Bottom