Feast

Infantry#14

Emperor
or City celebration: here is how it works:

Requirement: the city must have a granary, over 6 pop and has over 1/2 food in the storage.

By paying 10 gold x # pop in the city and empting all the accumulated food, the city celebrates. While the city has a feast, the city gains a temporary 1 happiness for 10 turns (like a normal whipping time), boost in culture by +25% for 10 turns, +1 culture for 10 turns (act as a monument), the city immune to revolt for 10 turns (unless your unhappiness > happiness), and immune to spy mission that incite unhappiness.

So you are buying culture. And some more micromanagement added in case you go for cultural.

Don't bring the micromanagement argument here, all he is suggesting is a throw celebration button, is that so much to ask for without being branded.

Don't bring the micromanagement argument here, all he is suggesting is a throw celebration button, is that so much to ask for without being branded.

I'd be inclined to think of this as better handled as an effect of WLTKD, myself.

"We Love The King Day"

That event is random, though, and a controlled method of doing it would certainly be a great idea.

But this "feast" thing should really be more expensive, since it would be kind of difficult for one to use spies to revolt if a city was immune to it.

WLTKD in Civs prior to Civ IV happens when you have more happy than content people and no unhappy people. Eminently controllable with a little application of luxuries.

In Civ 1 and 2, it gives you a free population point every turn while you can grow, which is overpowered. In Civ 3 it has been nerfed. This feast mechanic seems a reasonable middle level of effect.

It would only be immune to spies inciting unhappiness and revolt for 10 turns! Perhaps if it is too powerful then sacrificing production for a turn could help balance it. Also the cost could be changed accordingly. I didn't think WLTK(Leader)D was random in Civ IV, I thought it was when a city was really happy with you, I guess I just haven't paid enough attention.

Top Bottom