1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Feast

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Infantry#14, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Infantry#14

Infantry#14 Chieftain

or City celebration: here is how it works:

Requirement: the city must have a granary, over 6 pop and has over 1/2 food in the storage.

By paying 10 gold x # pop in the city and empting all the accumulated food, the city celebrates. While the city has a feast, the city gains a temporary 1 happiness for 10 turns (like a normal whipping time), boost in culture by +25% for 10 turns, +1 culture for 10 turns (act as a monument), the city immune to revolt for 10 turns (unless your unhappiness > happiness), and immune to spy mission that incite unhappiness.

2. Leodavinci

Leodavinci Great Merchant

So you are buying culture. And some more micromanagement added in case you go for cultural.

3. Scilly_guy

Scilly_guy Chieftain

Don't bring the micromanagement argument here, all he is suggesting is a throw celebration button, is that so much to ask for without being branded.

4. rysmiel

rysmiel Chieftain

I'd be inclined to think of this as better handled as an effect of WLTKD, myself.

5. Scilly_guy

Scilly_guy Chieftain

WLTKD? Am I just being stupid or slow or something?

6. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

"We Love The King Day"

7. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

That event is random, though, and a controlled method of doing it would certainly be a great idea.

But this "feast" thing should really be more expensive, since it would be kind of difficult for one to use spies to revolt if a city was immune to it.

8. rysmiel

rysmiel Chieftain

WLTKD in Civs prior to Civ IV happens when you have more happy than content people and no unhappy people. Eminently controllable with a little application of luxuries.

In Civ 1 and 2, it gives you a free population point every turn while you can grow, which is overpowered. In Civ 3 it has been nerfed. This feast mechanic seems a reasonable middle level of effect.

9. Scilly_guy

Scilly_guy Chieftain

It would only be immune to spies inciting unhappiness and revolt for 10 turns! Perhaps if it is too powerful then sacrificing production for a turn could help balance it. Also the cost could be changed accordingly. I didn't think WLTK(Leader)D was random in Civ IV, I thought it was when a city was really happy with you, I guess I just haven't paid enough attention.