1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feature] Limited Resource Effects

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Dragonxander PR

Dragonxander PR Emperor of the Drakons

Hmm....honestly, I think sewers are quite significant in terms of bringing health benefits in cities. My suggestion is to make them more expensive to build, to justify a bigger side benefit. Some ideas:

• 1 slot for engineer: sewers are intricate infrastructure systems and have civil, mechanical, electrical and environmental engineers on staff to design, run, monitor and upgrade facilities, along with other skilled technicians involved in the whole process. Keep in mind that proper sewers are not just a network of pipes and tunnels to move wastewater away, there's also water treatment plants, pumps and so on.

• Have some stronger effect than merely extra health points (maybe stopping the plague altogether?) when confronting the plague events. Usefulness might be limited due to their appearance in the industrial era, when most plague events would have already happened. It would, however, higher difficulty levels in which technology progresses much faster due to the AI bonuses outpacting the human player's default ability to conduct research.

Crimean Lord and Enyavar like this.
  2. Xfactor

Xfactor Chieftain

Just been reading through the thread, and tbh sometimes on higher difficulties it does seem a problem with alot of cities not having access to resourses , but i've not been pushing past Monarch so i really can't say on 100%

just an idea - could a "bonus" be added on some techs , so that they increase the supply of resourses to cities available , for eg Crop Rotation gives +1 supply to rice/wheat (so it becomes from 1 city to 2 cities per resourse) ? I dont know if this was proposed before , so sorry if it was. I've also not playtested the 1.17 map at all , with the new extra resourses.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020