1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Feature Overview video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 30, 2019.

1. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Just as a counter, wouldn't it be odd to have a unique scenario based around new mechanics that ultimately turn into some core general game mechanic? Have we ever had a scenario unique mechanic become part of the general game?

(This is mainly Devil's Advocate, not necessarily my opinions).

Siptah likes this.
  2. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

Let's hope there is a resolution that forces all the world to use the metric system.

3. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Warlord

I think the Australian scenario has early stages of random events that will soon become natural disasters in GS. Maybe.

bbbt and DWilson like this.
  4. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I'm currently at -20 F, feels like -46 F (wind chill). In C, this is -29 and -43.

5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

defies resolution. Never!
    My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it

6. StrideColossus

StrideColossus Chieftain

It looked pretty though!

7. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

Don't worry. Soon we will get a resolution converting our systems of measurement to Li. :lol:

8. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Does Beyond Earth count !?

But like, I think they mentioned something about adjacencies being inspired by Inca in Civ 5 or something like that.

Also, I think the "Train Astronauts" isn't for Space Victory but for the International Space Station.

Still not too pleased with the way Congress works, I think it would've benefited from having proposals and then if the vote fails, it goes to the inverse effect that is basically Option B.

GreenofKnight45 likes this.
  9. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Or we just all sit at -40, same in either system. (We're hovering around there in wind chill today, kids have no school, we're definitely not going anywhere, may drive me crazy by the end of the day...)

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  10. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Yeah seems needlessly complicated. So a standard sized game will have what, 16 different voting options?

11. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

...Why does "corporate libertarianism" have bonus military slots? Have the devs ever met a libertarian? :p

An absolutely terrifying dystopia. :p Also the subject of the excellent game Transistor.

12. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

That's a possibility I didn't think of. Yet, since the SciV got a revamp, there should be more than "there's just one project instead of three and it comes later", hopefully.

13. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Random notes:

- I hope that the factory part is old footage, as it's missing the adjacency bonus of the power plant.
    - A pity that there isn't a connection between power and amenities, at least for the modern era. Imagine the riots in a real world city without electricity for ages!
    - Graphics seem to have more contrast, but it might be a video thing.
    - I LOVED the space victory in Civ 2, in which you had to create your own ship with different parts. Hopefully we can get something like that!
    - Seastead seems kinda meh.

Very eager to play the game and get more info tomorrow!

14. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

XKCD: https://xkcd.com/1982

This is me: "People who want the US to switch to metric, but keep Fahrenheit."

Though, more useful is this one: https://xkcd.com/526 50F = 10C, which is indeed jacket weather.

My attempt at the Fahrenheit guide:

100 - Fever
    90 - Sweat in the shade
    80 - Dad is too cheap to run the AC
    70 - Room temperature
    60 - Perfect spring weather
    50 - Not quite spring, but you convince yourself it is
    40 - You need a real coat
    30 - Freezing
    20 - Why does my face hurt?
    10 - Things can get this cold?
    0 - The logical part of your brain knows this isn't 0 Kelvin, but the rest of you isn't convinced.
    -10 - Why does this exist? The whole point of using Fahrenheit is I'm not expecting freezing weather.
    -20 - Your home freezer.

One more before I go: https://xkcd.com/1643

Bosque, Atlas627, WillowBrook and 9 others like this.
  15. rastak

rastak Chieftain

-57F windchill here when I woke up.......cold by EVERYONES standards.....even Siberia.

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I assume this means that government stays out of business but business hasn't stayed out of government, so it's all run and influenced by the needs of Corporations, particularly the military-industrial complex. And when a corporation requires access to a rare mineral resource that comes from a foreign source, it may desire an armed solution to gain that access.

Guandao, Seek, Caprikel and 7 others like this.
  17. Ziad

Ziad Warlord

It provides food (so it can replace weaker Fisheries) and +2 housing (more than farms and many UIs) though.

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  18. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

I think the Seastead is a nice buff for coastal cities, it appears to be an improvement rather than a district like the neighbourhood.

I know extra housing isn't a very big deal in Civ VI since at pop 10 you can get all the most lucrative districts but more citizens means you can work more production tiles.

19. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Chieftain

LOL I like this. A more simple way of doing it is take the Celsius temp multiply it by 1.8 and then add 32. BOOM that's the temp in Fahrenheit. I know 1.8 can be a pain in the ass so an even more simple way is to multiply by 2 and add 30. This will give you the general idea of the temp, but not the exact measurement.

Leathaface likes this.
  20. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I imagine Digital Democracy to be a system everyone votes for their elected officials or votes for laws via the internet using their smart phone, computer or tablet hence the "digital" in "digital democracy". Imagine the US where everyone votes for president or their senator using their smartphone. So instead of going to a polling place, waiting in line and voting on a machine and then waiting hours or longer to get the results, you just go to a website on your smartphone or computer and vote. The assumption is that people would be more likely to vote if it is as easy as voting online rather than physically going to a polling place. And results would be tabulated almost instantly (thanks to fast internet speeds). So elections could have close to 100% participation and be almost instantaneous. And if the system is secure which it would need to be, there would be much more trust in the results too unlike today where close elections often require costly and contested recounts. Laws could be voted online as well. So no need to elected officials to vote based on what they think is the will of their constituents, instead you just do an online referendum where you ask everyone to vote on the idea or law. Again, you could get almost 100% participation and near instantaneous results. This would change the role and responsibilities of the president and other elected officials. They would not need to vote on laws anymore. Rather the job of elected official would be to implement the will of the people. For example, people might vote online about universal healthcare with different options and based on the results, the government would simply need to implement the winning option.

Seek and Stringer1313 like this.