1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Feature Overview video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 30, 2019.

1. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

The Mechanized Infantry graphic now has an infantry model component.

2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Seems a little boring though

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  3. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I imagine this would be difficult, with early trials resulting in massive tax cuts and massive expenditures at the same time. It's an amusing, and also terrifying, thought

CPWimmer and King Rad like this.
  4. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Maybe the seasteed will be buffed by policies/governments? :think:

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It seems spammable and spies can't recruit partisans. I'm sold.

Guandao, Seek, Aussie_Lurker and 6 others like this.
  6. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

2 housing plus some food on a tile where you're not otherwise placing improvements is fine. I could definitely see them getting buffed by a late policy card, but the bigger question is whether the housing will be that valuable at that point.

7. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

The Metric Conversion Act was signed into law in 1975, but it stated that conversion was voluntary so absolutely nothing happened. Although the scientific community, the US military and most global commerce companies use the metric system the average citizen does not. One would hope that the US eventually implements it fully and stops their silly nonsense of clinging to outdated units of measurement. Once the US adopts it, all other nations that currently don't use it would follow suit, though we're only talking about 7 nations in total that don't use the metric system and of those only the US really matters anyway.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  8. Weraptor

Weraptor Chieftain

I'd like seasteads to give 5 housing or so, considering their size equals cities', with the limitation of 1 per city.

Avenger237 likes this.
  9. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

True. I think at a minimum to make it work, there would need to be some checks and balances against the people simply voting for whatever crazy thing they want. This could be done by giving elected officials veto power so that if a super majority of congress disagree, they could veto the people's results. Or congress could be in charge of writing the online polls so they could shape what options the people get to vote on to make sure that the options are reasonable.

10. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

When originally announced, we all assumed they would be districts, in which case they would literally just be water-neighbourhoods. Given they're an improvement, hard to give that much housing for one builder charge.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  11. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

That's a meaningless comparison, since every improvement has the same size as a city center: 1 tile.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  12. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Chieftain

would anyone build farms if they would not improve over time and there wasnt any triangle bonuses? at the moment with the information we have that is exactly what those seasteds are. hopefully there will be some additional information coming up otherwise it is not even funny to think that this is the so called "buff" to coastal tiles.

13. Hatchie

Hatchie Chieftain

Well that is what I assume the devs thought but such social system is the antithesis of what libertarianism is. It's similar to the harsh dictatorships trampling over civil rights calling themsleves "peoples democratic republic"...

Zaarin and Weraptor like this.
  14. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

They basically have the precursor the Maori 'start in water' system in that as well.

CPWimmer and WillowBrook like this.
  15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Yeah this would be an absolute mess in real life. Most people should not be voting at all. And many who do, just vote on looks alone (It's how JFK beat Nixon in 1960).

Military has been a slow transition to metric. Even in navy nuclear plants where I worked it was still about half and half in the 90's. All the chemistry stuff was metric of course. But we still used things like horsepower to describe shaft horsepower for example.

Zaarin likes this.
  16. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

Wait who did the voice for the feature video previously? I'm wondering if they didn't get Sean Bean back for GS.

17. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Warlord

This that struck me in this video that I haven't seen already:

1. Seeing more of the Future Era makes me excited to reach it. I like speculative content personally, so I have no problem with all the elements of the Future Era (except probably the GDR? I think I can live with that)
    2. It's good to hear that nuclear power plants can cause meltdowns; game-wise, not the meltdown per se (although I think this has been mentioned before)
    3. As a Filipino, I squealed when I saw the Chocolate Hills. We feel validated now! (As if the Manila city-state from Civ5 wasn't enough)
    4. Was that the Phoenician theme we hear at the first half of the video?

sonicmyst and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

One of the difficulties that libertarians face is that their political philosophy is indiscernible from liassez faire to outside observers, where government refuses to regulate business and it runs untrammeled over the rights of customers and employees alike because it views regulation as an inhibition of the business owners' own rights.

Appending Corporate to Libertarianism seems to evoke that perception explicitly and drives it headlong to the logical conclusion.

Atlas627 and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  19. Ashandalar

Ashandalar Chieftain

Last year's feature video was voiced by the same person, though I couldn't tell you who that person is. Pete Murray has already confirmed in one of the livestreams (the Sweden one?) that Sean Bean did return for GS.

Stilgar08 and bbbt like this.
  20. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

Which is more of a corporatocracy then actual free market or libertarian arguments. The flip side of little regulation is of course for environmental damage and such that corporations don't have the government shielding them from liability in that regard.

Hatchie, Zaarin and Eagle Pursuit like this.