Feature removed from end game?

Ogro

Chieftain
I can no longer remain silence! They took the joy of finishing the game! (drama intro =P)

I can be crazy (aka confusing with civ5), but in previous build of civ6 after the game ended and we dived into statistics we could see a lot more, like food per turn, etc..

As of now there are so few and useless (come on! number of religions founded? it should be an achievement if not all possible were founded!).

Does any numbers geek out there remembers something on that regard?

Well, you can change the end-of-game graph to show and compare various per-turn statistics. I've never checked to see if Food is one of them, but the choices are numerous. That feature is still there. When the final score tally comes up, there are other tabs at the top. One is replay, which isn't really a replay. It's the graph.

Pretty convinced Food per turn was never an option in Civ6, and I played since day 1?

As of now there are so few and useless
welll yes and no... if you know where to look, the log files and in particular the player_stats.csv provide some quite compelling data
upload_2017-7-6_9-13-59.png

That and the restart button is why you will buy the expansion. To exclude these from the core release is just visibly comically greedy in the extreme. And we just bend over and take it because we have no choice of who we love.

That and the restart button is why you will buy the expansion. To exclude these from the core release is just visibly comically greedy in the extreme. And we just bend over and take it because we have no choice of who we love.

Do you honestly believe that things like a restart button will be expansion only?

Do you honestly believe that things like a restart button will be expansion only?
Considering these have been added in the past similarly
considering these are not difficult things to add and have not done so

What I honestly believe is they will not fix them in a non paying patch

SInce civ5 they have gone the no stats route. I miss civ4 stats about everything. Even the stats civ6 provice are crap. That window on the left with the city details, omg WTH. Do some tables with tooltips and filters and different order options. How could that make it into release

I think the reason for no restart button is philosophical - they want you to play the map you are given.

Sorry but that makes no sense. Map sizes also have prefered oponent number, and you can still change it. Game is balanced and meant to be played on standard speed, and you can still change it. Saying the reason they havent included the option is because they want you to play the game how they intend, makes a poor argument IMO.

Seems more like lazyness

I think the reason for no restart button is philosophical - they want you to play the map you are given.
I do agree this is likely their rationalisation and to a degree a belief. The last thing they would do is exclude from their fans to troll them.
I do also believe it will be thrown in on enhancement for monetary reasons

The End Game Graph is lacking, no map recounting the spreads, no good numbers to ponder on....
think it was civ 4 that had great stats civ 5 too was good....
used to look forward to reliving the end game stats smoking a cigar and looking at my soldier count, land mass, approval ratings, ranks, and watching AI border growth amd how I ate it all up throughout the dozens of hours of a single game....

Sigh.................the good ol days.....

but there is no excuse for this lacking....it really makes me wonder if these new developers actually finished a game in the previous CIVS...... someone better call them back from their summer vaca, there is work to do.

I do agree this is likely their rationalisation and to a degree a belief. The last thing they would do is exclude from their fans to troll them.
I do also believe it will be thrown in on enhancement for monetary reasons

Same thing happened to the Xcom team, they added the turn timers to make the game better (which it does) a lot of people didn't like it and in the xpac they are adding in the feature to change how the turn timers work. Although I see neither as a monetary fix. I think they are simply bending to community asks and they can show they do listen, regardless if it helps the experience of the game or not.

SInce civ5 they have gone the no stats route. I miss civ4 stats about everything. Even the stats civ6 provice are crap. That window on the left with the city details, omg WTH. Do some tables with tooltips and filters and different order options. How could that make it into release

Its worse than I remembered. Made a game after a few months of not playing... wow, not only stats windows, even the important information windows are crap. I get a Great Person which gives amenities to a city. So I open the report window trying to find my cities which needed it more. First surprise, I cant sort. Really? 2017, AAA game, and I can sort my cities...
Then I found the city which needed it more. OFC it was a conquered city. So I had no idea where it was just from the name. I click on it... double click on it... hello, screen center yourself on it please, 2005 is calling.... Nope. Report windows is just text, with 0 functionallity. WTF firaxis.

@kaltorak, all of that is old hat. Install the CQUI mod for 1000 times better interface, and enjoy happiness again. :thumbsup:

Yes, the CQUI made all of the difference for me too. Some days I wonder if any of the creators of Civ 6 ever played earlier versions, with how bad I felt the new standard UI was, but what do I know, I am just a person who has played Civ since 1992 I think.

Its worse than I remembered. Made a game after a few months of not playing... wow, not only stats windows, even the important information windows are crap. I get a Great Person which gives amenities to a city. So I open the report window trying to find my cities which needed it more. First surprise, I cant sort. Really? 2017, AAA game, and I can sort my cities...
Then I found the city which needed it more. OFC it was a conquered city. So I had no idea where it was just from the name. I click on it... double click on it... hello, screen center yourself on it please, 2005 is calling.... Nope. Report windows is just text, with 0 functionallity. WTF firaxis.

The problem isn't that you can't find what city has least amenities. The problem is that you don't know that luxery resources are, every turn, automatically distributed to make every city happy. In practise, this means that it doens't matter one bit where you get bonus amenities, as you'll never have so many non-luxery resource amenities compared to resources that you can't make all cities at least content while having amenities surplus.

If there's one thing I've noticed with the Civ VI UI, it's that it's extremely efficient. It gives you everything you need, and nothing else.

Well, I could see why people want a build queue, but that's it.

I think it's more than a build queue, but yeah, that too. How about all of the things you can see at a glance, including in the reports menu? For example, upgrading units.

It's more than a build queue....

And, for the amenities issue, you can see how many are localized (entertainment, etc) and how many are from luxuries. That *does* make a small difference with regard to planning.

Entertainment isn't "automatically distributed."

Top Bottom