1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request: Wonder Prereqs only checked when Wonder is started

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Stalker0, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I was wondering if this was a possibility. When a wonder is started, the system checks your prereqs (aka proper number of policies, or proper number of followers in the case of your super religious wonder), and then once you start building, that wonder is locked in, and can't be dropped because of a loss of prerequs.

Its quite annoying when you build a religious building, and then you lose it because you slipped just a bit on religion in a city, and then have to restart it. In my latest example, I was a few turns from the Bradenburg Gate, and then because of my CS allies was lost, I lost the prereq and the ability to make the wonder.

I think once you make the prereqs, that should be it, its not something you have to key checking round after round.

Thoughts on that?

2. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors Prince

It would make the cultural victory easier.

3. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Does it at least put it on hold until the prereqs are met and than recontinue?

TranceBlossom likes this.
  4. TranceBlossom

TranceBlossom Chieftain

In my experience it does

Zuizgond, bigcat88 and SwirlSlayer like this.
  5. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I feel that if you have managed to get all the policies and the influential you have already done the work. Building the building just gives your opponents when last stab at conquest to hold you off, but you have already won the influence game.

6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I agree with you. It's an annoying feature that adds little to the gameplay. If this makes tall playing stronger, I say balance it with some other thing.

7. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Checking building validity is necessary every turn because of things like resources.

8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

You mean like coal for a factory? I think its fine if I have the coal to start the building, and then lose it...but I keep the building. That's what the maintenance penalty is for, and if that penalty isn't strong enough, we can always increase.

9. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

No, I'm talking about every turn building validity must be checked against buildings under construction.

G

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Oh, so is this a hard coded thing that can't be changed, is that what you mean? (aka that's how the game is designed).