1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Transfer Error

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by LunaticFringe, Oct 27, 2005.

1. LunaticFringe

LunaticFringe Chieftain

I did a search and did not see this problem posted here. Was somewhere else on web but in German. So thought I would try here. At the very end of the Installing process I get a Feature Transfer Error Box, containing the following lines:

Feature: C++ Runtime Libraries 7.1
    Component:
    File:
    Error: Incorrect Function

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas what the problem is. My system is well above required specs for this game, last gen driver tried, latest driver tried, etc. Any help much apprectiated. Thx.

2. serenitynow

serenitynow Chieftain

I got a similar error only mine said

Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

Really want to know how to fix!

3. Pseudofool

Pseudofool Chieftain

i had the same problem, and continue to have them, but if restart in safemode (hit F8 on reboot) you should be able to install!

4. LunaticFringe

LunaticFringe Chieftain

I tried in safe mode. Same result. Gets to very end of installation and get the error and nothing is there but empty folders.

5. davef139

davef139 Chieftain

CRC/CRC32 error isn't somthing safe mode will fix.

Cyclic Redundcy Check is a form of authentication and error checking

Basically its like this.. you have a file it runs an algorythm against it and a crc32 is created.. '9f58351f' it will look similar to this. Basically when somthing copies over if the original crc32 doesn't match the current it will abort and delete. Im thinking one of there factories had a bad burner.

6. Spidy_da

Spidy_da Chieftain

Hey I had this problem and I searched all over the net but I couldn't fina any help on it. It turns out to fix it was super easy. All I had to do was update the engine in the installsheild. seems to be going good now :)
    Hope this helps

SPIDY