Features from Civ 5 that you'd like to see return

MantaRevan

Emperor
For me, the top two would have to be

1. The city state jingles. I like the unique icons for CSs we have now a lot, but they aren't much of a replacement for the catchy cultural themes that added flavor to the various city states.

2. The Diplomatic Victory, combining elements of Civs IV and V. Other than UI improvements, the diplo victory seems to be the most glaring thing missing from Civ 6(seriously, where's the world congress gone? :crazyeye:).

If they plan to add it in an expansion, (hopefully this is the case) then it should incorporate the voting power of city states from Civ 5, thus making monarchy more viable and allowing it to be feasible in multiplayer, as well as the emphasis on actually managing player diplomacy from Beyond the Sword.

Setting a UN up so that you actually have to manage diplomacy with other empires would add a lot of weight to the agenda system, and make for some fun cloak and dagger shenanigans for multiplayer.

What features from Civ 5 or other Civ titles would you guys like to see come back?

1. Minimap that resembled the real world and was easily readable.
2. Realistic look of the world and leaders.
3. Diplomatic Victory, ofc.
4. Trade Route Screen that showed all possible trade routes in a condensed form, easy to manage. I know there's BTS mod but the information is not so easily readable.
5. Much more units, basically there should be one per Era per line. Civ5 has holes too, but not so many!
6. Ability to build roads and railroads tile-by-tile. So much fun taken away...
7. Better AI.

I like the new Builder set-up. But I agree that there should be away to build roads the way you want. And the Military Engineers are a waste for this, because they only get 2 chargers.
I think they should have something like 10 chargers and each of their abilities cost a certain amount of charges. Forts and Air Strips cost 5. Missile Silo cost 10, Roads cost 1. remove/improve/repair feature cost 2.
this way I might actually have use for them. At the moment I might build 1 per game, Like the medics they aren't very useful.

Good Idea like each Victory has its own video. you could get s different Defeat Screen depend how you lost. This one would be could if you lose via a cultural defeat.
...or simply from losing before the Industrial Era (which includes resigning before reaching the Industrial Era).

After all, it has that Ozymandias vibe.

The current Civ VI defeat screen can be for losing via score, domination, or scientific defeat (all of them being Industrial Era or later).

I only miss some of the civs, eg Indonesia, Siam, Polynesia, but they,
or similar ones will eventually appear.
The UN would need to be far more sophisticated and complex to match
the rest of Civ6. The Civ5 version was pretty poor, as if it was run
by a bunch of no-hopers who are only there for the cocktails and canapes. :shifty:

1: Actual penalties for conquering cities. IE Negative modifiers, resistance. Puppet System.

2: Tall play. Unhindered population growth and multiplicative bonuses that benefit larger populations.

3: Peace Play. The competitve advantages of not warmongering.

4: Diplomatic Victory. World congress and international laws/embargos/sanctions that makes diplomatic penalties actually mean something.

5: Theming bonus for Wonders, great works of writing/music.

6: Death Robots/Future Tech units.

7: Protection of City States.

8: AI properly calculates military strength and makes decisions accordingly. Where is the afraid status when you have Nukes?

What do you think of bringing back the statue from the Civ V defeat screen?

Spoiler The Civ V Defeat Screen :

If they touch it up a bit to look like that recent one of Ronaldo, count me in.

Well, I'd actually like to see something more like Civ5's City State diplomacy back. I never actually minded that you could buy influence with money, and between gold gifts and multiple quests getting allied status was a lot more involved and competitive than getting suzerain status is.

More theming bonuses, of course. I miss those.

And yeah, the fact is that you always want to go as wide as you can in Civ6, and while always wanting to go tall in Civ5 is also pretty crappy and I've enjoyed both games regardless, I like to see the advantages of tall play return. I'm not sure any Civ games has ever gotten than right, my experience with 4 is more limited any anything before that I haven't played.

Some form of Civ V's social policy system, instead of changing around government policy cards

I really miss the ideological pressure system. It was a great way of generating tension between different government types, and it made tourism more than the pure victory counter that it is in Civ VI. I'd like to see the world congress and diplomatic victory back as well (this seems like obvious material for an expansion). I have more complicated feelings about social policies. Civ VI's card system provides a lot of interesting gameplay, and I certainly wouldn't want to lose the civics tree, but at the same time, I miss the permanent customization and discreet strategies that Civ V's policy trees allowed.

- An expanded world congress system, using the new envoy system as the old delegates, which gives players the choice of maintaining (or gaining) city-state allies or having more voting power in the congress. The option to opt-out of the world congress would be nice too, which would allow a player to be exempt to any proposals enacted, but they would suffer diplomatic penalties with all AI's who have also joined the congress, and would be open to people creating embargoes against them.

- Giving workers the ability to build roads would be nice, giving it to military engineers is pointless and a waste of their charges. Just enable the ability at the engineering tech. Also, give road building back to legions, it's a very small buff and is historical.

- bring back puppet cities, perhaps with the requirement of garrisoning a military unit in the city.

- revamp the religion game to something similar to Civ V, with a greater emphasis on passive spreading. With religious spread modifiers for trade routes, declaration of friendships, open borders. A religious victory should work both similar to a tourism light, and actively spreading through religious units (with less spam).

Top Bottom