Features in civ5: like them or not? - Vote!

Domination victory - Don't Like
Spaceship victory - Undecided
Diplomacy victory - Don't Like
Culture victory - Undecided
I guess I could go undecided on all VCs -- I like the journey more than the "win". I gave culture undecided because it's basically the "builder" victory path and generally takes the longest. Spaceship in the same vein.... Domination is just awful, while diplomacy ought to just be called "Buy a victory" -- as it's essentially nothing more than having enough gold to buy enough CSs.

City-States - Don't Like
Social Policies - Undecided

The two big items for non-warmongers... CS are a failure in the current implementation - boring and inflexible, while managing to be massively overpowered. SPs I'll leave as undecided... for now... they're still mildly interesting, but get less so every game. If culture is to become just a pink science tree -- then they ought to expand it and instead of mutual exclusivity, add pathing dependencies.

Diplomacy - Don't Like

Just horrendously awful to a stunning degree. The AI doesn't play to win -- it plays like your pouty little brother who would flip over the gameboard when he's losing. There's zero point in developing friendships - you can kiss AI arse for centuries, but the minute he settles near you or you go to war, even with someone he doesn't like either, war is a-comin'.

Hex tiles - Like
Pillage mechanic - Like
Terrain use in combat - Like
1-Unit-Per-Tile rules - Like
Ranged combat rules - Don't Like
Melee combat rules - Don't Like
Land units - Don't Like
Naval units - Don't Like
Embarkment - Hate with an undying passion of 1000 exploding suns
Air units - Undecided
Nuclear weapons - Like

Just want to point out -- this sort of shows how out of whack V is (too much warmonger weighting) -- it's perfectly legitimate that all these things be polled, but compare the number of them to other items... The poll is perfectly logical per the game -- but why is the game 50%+ war? So far as the Panzer General map (hex, terrain, 1UpT) -- fix the AI and it works, so I'll give it a like. Ranged combat though, it completely screwed -- don't see a way around archers sinking battleships.... and I think embarkation is a complete abomination, a sin before god and man. I ought to give naval units an N/A because embarkation completely blows up any hope of naval warfare being meaningful. Air units? Undecided... I rarely build them, but neither does the AI.

Great Persons - Like

GPs are one of the few things I think work well... They seem pretty well balanced -- settling a scientist isn't worth popping a tech most of the time, but popping a tech is a powerful thing. Culture bombs are pointless usually - but settling in the right city can be a boon. Settling engineers usually a waste, but finishing a wonder is powerful... and so on.

Science - Don't Like
Gold - Don't Like
Culture - Don't Like

Dumbest tech tree since I, with completely braindead pathing... but that doesn't matter because you're probably spamming Research Treaties too much to really care about your "next tech", at least -- once you get past medieval. Gold is far too overpowered... too easy to acquire and can be used for everything. Culture becomes pointless pretty quickly if you're not gunning for a pink science victory.

Production - Don't Like

If satan design a Civ production system, this would be it... with nonsensical hammer costs balanced by the fact that maintenance costs at least make you say "oh well, it would be too expensive to maintain anyway".

Tile improvements - Don't Like

Appalling lack of diversity, some resources and improvements are actually counter-productive --- sheep are a reason to settle somewhere else entirely. Awful - but a perfect match for the crappy production system, I guess.

Cities - Don't Like

Make it a threesome with production and tiles -- the builder is dead in the water.

AI in general - Don't Like
AI in Diplomacy - Don't Like
AI in Combat - Don't Like
Prince - the even - difficulty level - Don't Like

Just want to point out -- this sort of shows how out of whack V is (too much warmonger weighting) -- it's perfectly legitimate that all these things be polled, but compare the number of them to other items... The poll is perfectly logical per the game -- but why is the game 50%+ war?

Well, you're right.
This is why in the analysis I pulled the 9 combat item into one single factor... :)

Domination victory - ND
Spaceship victory - ND
Diplomacy victory - ND
Culture victory - ND

City-states like, sort of...

Social Policies like, but could be improved.

Diplomacy don't like.

Hex tiles like! :)

Pillage mechanic it's ok.

Terrain use in combat like

1-Unit-Per-Tile rules not like as such, should be allowed to stack upto 3 units. (eg foot, horse, seige)

Ranged combat rules like, reduce to one tile though.

Melee combat rules ND

Land units ND

Naval units ND

Embarkment like (btw, how about 'portage'? the movement of ships over land!!)

Air units ND

Nuclear weapons ND

Great Persons no like

Science: nope

Gold: like

Culture: no like

Production: ND

added: no like

Cities: no like

AI in general dislike

AI in Diplomacy nope

AI in Combat ND

Prince - the even - difficulty level ND

Dear CFC members and all would be voters,

I close this survey, as patch "62" is out.
The survey had 49 voters altogether, I will publish final result on Monday
(update it from 41 to 49 voter data)

Thank you for all data!

I will repeat this in some form after real patch about to improve AI and diplo will be out
(maybe around end of this year)

My opinions:

Domination victory - the way it is NOT DECIDED
Spaceship victory - the way it is LIKE
Diplomacy victory - the way it is DONT
Culture victory - the way it is DONT

City-states LIKE

Social Policies DONT

Hex tiles LIKE
Terrain use in combat LIKE
1-Unit-Per-Tile rules LIKE
Ranged combat rules LIKE