1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Features of Civilization 4 (preferably for someone's who played multiple Civ games)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Konig15, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Konig15

Konig15 Warlord

I'm a long time Civilization player, however, I haven't played any game to any significant degree other than Civ 2. The reason is simple: I don't like vanilla Civilization play. What I LOVE is tightly scripted scenarios of certain periods with maximum lateral play possibility.

I need to know what features each game has that aren't present in the others, in the context of scenario creation.
    For instance, while I'm sure Civ 4 is just a better game than Civ 2, even or mdding, I'm not sure about with fan patches like TOTPP for Test of Time.

Things is, with fan patches and stuff TOT has the following:
    32,000 square maps, and can have up to 4 of them with different terrains. These can represent different theaters in great detail or other planets or planes like the Midgard scenario has a sea plane and a land plane and an underground plain.
    I want to create a Fallout scenario and I really need a second and posily a third plane for raiding bunkers and maybe also in-depth urban combat.
    I can have 10,000 cities
    There's a vast library of gifs that I can appropriate for units and terrain
    16 kinds of terrain versus 10 in vanilla
    127 units
    Mod tools where I can modify a lot of things on the fly (Civitas utility program)

I want to know what Civ 4's capacities are, both vanilla and fan made.
    Is there multiple maps capacity?
    Is there are a way to simulate not only conquest but demographic and religious warfare, up to and including ethnic cleansing because under some circumstances, some pops won't assimilate? How does the game deal with guerrilla warfare and slavery capture of state power?
    What about the creation of hero units?
    How easy is it for someone with no technical savvy to mod and create scenarios?

Cause I'm not looking at Civilization as game but as toolkit.

2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Caveman2Cosmos may be the thing you are looking for. That mod aims many of the things you mentioned. Try reading their forums. They will surely welcome a scenario maker :)