fed1943's Land Grant

Cyc

Looking for the door...

Tile number 3 - SSW of the Capital City, Arete. Grassland with Dyes. Beachfront propery to the E, beach access to the SW. 2f/1g.

Tile number 3 is hereby ceded to fed1943 for the care and maintenance he so chooses. The Monarch grants you this land and all that are attached to it. All food will be sent to the King for distribution. All other resources profitable or not, remain with you to do as you choose. Good luck.

Having just arrived at his land last night, fed1943 was eager to explore. He had brought along his favorite burro, whose name was... burro. fed1943 didn't ride burro, they just walked together.They had camped just off the beaten path and had decided together (burro giving his nod of approval) to go check out the Eastern side of the property first. The journey was slow, but that was ok. It gave fed1943 time to think and prepare for the cultivating of the dyes that enrich his land.

Suddenly, the smell of salt water filled the air. The unique sound of seagulls flying nearby. fed1943 coaxed burro up the small rise of land the bordered the sand dunes. As they made the top, fed1943 released the leather strap to burro's small bridle, threw his hands up in the air and let out a mighty "HIIIYYY!" A sound of joy and satisfaction, as if the sun rising up above the waves crashing down on the beach was just what he had anticipated. He scratched his friend behind the ears, "You see? A little hard work sometimes pays off. Ahhh... I love this country." And let his gaze return to the endless stream of waves.

Don't you just love dyed hair?

fed1943 felt sorry for the King. "All that stress for the position of ruling others. All that binge drinking, all those late nights", he says to burro, "must have really taken their toll. But I guess that comes with the crown. Now he's talking war." burro listens intently, looking at the water.

fed1943 empties his cooled coffee from the small tin cup he brought along into the small slow wave that came up to his feet. He then scooped up a cup full of wet sand and in one motion turned it upside down and slammed it into the sand, "Look burro. I've built my first castle." As burro moved closer to inspect it, another wave came up and washed away, reducing it to a smaller, rounder, mound. "Ah, such is life. I should have planned that one better."

Extinguishing the beach campfire and packing all they had used, trying to leave the beach as he found it, fed1943 suggested to his friend that they go take a look at the beach access over on the SW corner. burro nodded in agreement and off they headed for the dunes for their westward trek. At the top of the dunes, they stopped and looked back at the water.

fed1943 stroked burro's neck, "Come. We can talk about the King some more.

Attachments

• frame_engine1.jpg
    frame_engine1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 137
Nice story, thank you.

Of course my burro is called burro; it would become
sad if I call him donkey.

My best regards,

The wind blew through fed1943's hair. The air was crisp and clean. He and burro had just returned from the beach, having taken the easy way down and back up. The easy way meant walking through the adjacent tile (number 2) to get to the small slope to the beach. Tile number 3's access to the same beach was quite a bit steeper. And there was kind of a cliff running along the west coast of tile number 1 for a stretch.

"So there it is. I can see we'll have to build some stairs down to the beach, maybe a ramp. Then we can put in a long dock to ship from. Yes," he said checking burro's pack, tightening the straps. burro turned to look at his friend and back to the water, making a slight sound. Nodding, fed1943 replied, "Oh, yes. I'm sure there are plenty of fish in those waters. We'll catch some."

"A commercial port here in this gentle cove. And a house on the dunes for recreation. Ok, enough fun. Let's trek back through the grasslands, into town so we can figure out how we'll get this done. Ready?"

burro made a chuckling sound and started off.

Attachments

• frame_engine.jpg
    frame_engine.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 127
Top Bottom