1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Federation of Free States

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Lord Civius, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The Federation of Free States (Faction)-

Gov't Civic- Representation
    Non-Gov't Civics- Free Speech/Caste System/Free Market/Organized Religion

Federation Members-
    TCN- (Governor-General, Faction Leader)
    Lord Civius- (Secretary-General)
    1889- (Foreign Minister)
    vra379971- (Defence Minister)
    Joe Harker (Admiral of the Navy)
    west india man- (Mr. Olpid) Ambassador to the Free States
    James009
    Kiwi Az

The First Republic of Areteania and original Federation have dissolved and both factions' members have united under one banner. I have been in discussion with them and other citizens concerning the constitution. This is the revised and final draft of the Federation constitution ratified this 15th Day of Pyryama (ibinise calender).

2. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

Wonderful,

This came out really great, and I like the name ;).

3. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

How will corporations be handled? I’d be happy to manage them under the Ministry of Trade and Foreign Affairs but it may be more fun to have them run by the city that founds them. In any case they are lots of fun so I hope we can adopt national policies that head us toward get one quickly.

4. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

Good question...

As a nation-first outlook, I would say national benefit should be the cause of all corporate policies, however that's pretty broad.

I would say that it the Ministry of Foreign Affairs may well be made to include domestic corporate (and international corporate) policies in his reports to the Governor General.

5. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

As far as the constitution says, Great People are the EGAHs' responsibility. I think we should take the corporation aspect a little deeper though. It would add some more flavor to the game.

6. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

We should go ahead and do the Faction elections since the election poll will go up tomorrow. It is important that we have the Governor General position filled soon. I have played the save the last 2 times and would be glad to take more of a minor position for the first election cycle. I nominate TCN for Governor General.

7. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Your OP says "Organized Religion". Is this true or do you intend to use Free Religion as I have heard some discussion on this issue?

8. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Organized Religion. Factories and National Wonders (some long overdue) need to be built, Hindu missionaries need to bring our State religion to the rest of the world. I can see an eventual shift to free religion in the future but O.R. helps us much more right now. Changing non-gov't Civics will also be a decision for the EGAH Reps as they are national issues.

9. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I second thecommonnate.

10. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

I will run for Governor General if Lord Civius wishes to take a more minor role.

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The first G-G will have to be chosen in Faction to be our voice durng the election. I cast my vote for thecommonnate as our first Governor-General. Does anyone else in the faction want to run this time around? If no one else has put their name on the ballot by 11:00 PM GMT today (Wednesday) then the election will be conceded to TCN. Time is a factor as the PF election starts today.

12. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Congratulations thecommonnate. :goodjob:

13. 1889

I vote for (or congratulate) TCN as G-G.

14. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

What cities are in each state? :)

Found it out in another thread

Also I assume elections for states reps would happen after the prime faction election, should we win, instead of electing them before hand?

But i would like to put my name forward for New Arkadia :)

15. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Seems tcn is the only candidate for G-G so congrats!
    You are right on your analysis Joe, only Federation faction elections before the PF is chosen.
    I'd like to put my name on the ballot for Sec-Gen.

16. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Also, how many offices can one person hold at any one time, or will that depend on how many people their are, and apart from G-G and S-G can non-faction members apply for cabinet positions?

(Sorry for the questions, just prempting any questions about the faction in the debate and poll thread :))

17. 1889

I second Lord Civius for Secretary-General.

18. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Port Civius as a vital overseas territory needs to be added to the Free State Roster.

As a trade and military center for the Federation, it deserves to be represented by it`s own speaker, and to be considered a truly Free State from it`s distance from Arete itself.

19. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Only one office may be held at one time. The Gov-Gen can appoint cabinet level positions to non-PF members if he needs to (or wants to). He may also add postitions if participation warrants. In the case of too little participati0on then we'll have to do whatevers necessary.

I was pondering this earlier while looking at tcn's residency thread. It should definately not be part of the 4 States and I think it is a little much to be considered a State. What about a federal territory, controlled by the federation?

20. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

To clear up any confusion a Federation member may become a State Rep if he is elected by the citizens of that state. So one could hold a Federation position and a Rep position at one time. He may not, however hold 2 federation positions at one time unless we are in dire straits.