Federative Republic of Brazil

Emerald_Knight

Chieftain
Hi! I've added Brazil as a civ, with J. Kubitschek as leader, Marcana Stadium and the Brazilian Expeditionary Force as UB and UU. As always, let me know of major bugs.

BrazilLoading.jpg

Brazil.jpg

Kubitschek.jpg

Thanks for this civ Emerald Knight! Can I use it for a mod I'm thinking of writing?

Nice stuff. But as a brazilian myself i think it's important to note that Maracanã is just one Soccer Stadium. If you really want to make soccer stadiums as UB i suggest calling them that or Estádio de Futebol (which is portuguese for the same thing).

I'll not lie that the references to Carnaval as a UA and Soccer Stadiums as UB are sort of an stereotype. I was thinking about modding Brazil in too and maybe have a UA related to the fertilily and agricultural power of Brazil, my initial idea was having connected food resources yielding more than normal.

BTW, i loved the idea of the Expeditionary Force as UU (You might call them Pracinhas, a more popular name, if you want), my initial ideas were having the Fatherland Volunteer Corps (Voluntários da Pátria) from the War of The Triple Alliance but i think your choice is fine too.

About the UB, i think it's hard to think about something that really represent the whole nation, but i'm sure another brazilian forum member will end up coming with an idea.

haha, Soccer and Carnaval is to Brazil as maple syrup, beaver, and igloos is to Canada lol
Thanks for the points though, I'll look into that.

Nice stuff. But as a brazilian myself i think it's important to note that Maracanã is just one Soccer Stadium. If you really want to make soccer stadiums as UB i suggest calling them that or Estádio de Futebol (which is portuguese for the same thing).

I'll not lie that the references to Carnaval as a UA and Soccer Stadiums as UB are sort of an stereotype. I was thinking about modding Brazil in too and maybe have a UA related to the fertilily and agricultural power of Brazil, my initial idea was having connected food resources yielding more than normal.

BTW, i loved the idea of the Expeditionary Force as UU (You might call them Pracinhas, a more popular name, if you want), my initial ideas were having the Fatherland Volunteer Corps (Voluntários da Pátria) from the War of The Triple Alliance but i think your choice is fine too.

About the UB, i think it's hard to think about something that really represent the whole nation, but i'm sure another brazilian forum member will end up coming with an idea.

in my mod I picked up the Voluntarios (I called them Country Volunteer, but Volunteer Corp would be fine) as the UU, and my other UU was supposed to be a new worker that could build farms much faster (with the right policies it could even become an instant farm), but I haven't managed to add the new worker yet.

but keeping the Republic theme, I think that the Exp. Force is fine. for the UB (or another UU) I would pick something else, but if I had trouble deciding for the imperial era, I imagine that choosing one for the republican era is even more difficult.

the problem with UU and UB and traits is that in Civ5 there are basically no negative stuff. one really ludicrous UA could basically invert maintenance for profit (which could be representing corruption, but I dunno you'd make that work), but increase unhappiness. the only problem is that here in Brazil we're unhappy but do not do anything about that (we keep electing the same corrupt people) :crazyeye:

you could also try to get an UA to work (or UB with certain requirements) similar to what's happening now in Brazil, where the government basically sustain the poor in the poorest areas of the country (where there's no agriculture or industry)

in my mod I picked up the Voluntarios (I called them Country Volunteer, but Volunteer Corp would be fine) as the UU, and my other UU was supposed to be a new worker that could build farms much faster (with the right policies it could even become an instant farm), but I haven't managed to add the new worker yet.

but keeping the Republic theme, I think that the Exp. Force is fine. for the UB (or another UU) I would pick something else, but if I had trouble deciding for the imperial era, I imagine that choosing one for the republican era is even more difficult.

the problem with UU and UB and traits is that in Civ5 there are basically no negative stuff. one really ludicrous UA could basically invert maintenance for profit (which could be representing corruption, but I dunno you'd make that work), but increase unhappiness. the only problem is that here in Brazil we're unhappy but do not do anything about that (we keep electing the same corrupt people) :crazyeye:

you could also try to get an UA to work (or UB with certain requirements) similar to what's happening now in Brazil, where the government basically sustain the poor in the poorest areas of the country (where there's no agriculture or industry)
I find the worker idea quite strange.

I think it's important to not limit a civ for a small space on the history of the Civ. Look at France, their leader is Napoleon but their a UA is the same Ancient Regime that Napoleon helped destroy. Same goes for many other civs.

Just my 2 cents, but i think that from a Civ5 perspective we are a pretty happy people, the fact that people.

About the UA, i don't think it should represent what we have of corrupt and negative. Civ is a game about the best on mankind and that what the UA should represent, the best about Brasil.

Wow thanks a lot for the civlization! We finally have a South American civilization to play with.

I second that you continue making south american civilizations; Inca and Argentina would be amazing to have.

Hi! I was making a Brazilian Mod too... with Dom Pedro II but i dont have much time now and my english is not so good.

If you want i can send the mod files so you can continue...

Thanks

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 781
  • Civ5Screen0004.jpg
    Civ5Screen0004.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 3,463
  • Civ5Screen0005.jpg
    Civ5Screen0005.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 872
  • Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 792
  • Civ5Screen0007.jpg
    Civ5Screen0007.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 733
  • Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 681
Lol someone from Brazil also had the football stadium idea too ;)

May I use some of your graphics and text for my mod with proper credit of course

I really like Semprini's version. I'm still not happy about how it all resolves around soccer. My country is much more than this. But it seems to be an incredible mod.

I'm not Brasilian , and while I love soccer in general I find it strange no one thought of "Cristo Redentor" as UB !

I really like Semprini's version. I'm still not happy about how it all resolves around soccer. My country is much more than this. But it seems to be an incredible mod.

I know... im not happy about how it all resolves around soccer too... im read in some thread the idea of transform a soccer star in one Great Artist and i really like. My initial idea was receive a Great Artist when build the first Estadio de Futebol but i dont know how to change that in the mod... :)

i dont like the actual trait Joga Bonito... I will put this Mod online so you can play with.

Emerald_Knight do you prefer that i open another thread? What you think?

Yeah, until we know more about how to make the Traits a little more flexible, we're limited to what's in the XML Traits file.

It's up to you, Semprini! Now that you have your mod up, the Empire and Republic eras are covered which is pretty good.

Hi, guys. I'm Brazilian and I've been working in all Imperial era-related articles in English Wikipedia.

I'd like to give a few suggestions:

Leader: Pedro II (Do not add "Dom". That's not part of his name. That's a title. Isabella of Spain was also "Doña" Isabella as the present Spanish monarch is also Don Juan Carlos.)

Unique Unit 1: Imperial Guard of Honor (nowadays called "Independence Dragoons" even though they were not Dragoons, but Cavalry). They are more famous guarding Pedro I when he declared the Brazilian independence. What little people know is that they also fought in Bahia during the War of Independence from 1822 to 1823. Their weapons were a rifle, sword and lance. The Guard of Honor was the elite cavalry battalion in Pedro I's reign.

Unique unit 2: Emperor's Battalion. This was the elite infantry batallion handpicked by Pedro I himself among the best Brazilian soldiers. It fought in Bahia during the War of Independence. The Duke of Caxias, then-a young lieutenant, was part of this battalion and fought in the war.

Unique unit 3: Fatherland Volunteer. The Fatherland Volunteers corps were the majority of the Brazilian troops in the War of the Triple Alliance. They were formed by volunteers and also conscripts. At the beginning of the war they were common people, completely unexperienced. After 5 years of war, they became hardened and experienced warriors. Emperor Pedro II was the first Fatherland Volunteer.

National wonder: anything but a ridiculous soccer stadium. Trust me, it is not good for Brazil's international image the old stereotype of the country of naked women, carnival and soccer.

If any of you guys want to change ideas, or desire any help on anything related to Brazilian history, you can call me in here or in English Wikipedia. Good luck!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Bandeirante as an Unique Unit. It's one the national symbol of Brazil, for crying out loud.

Top Bottom