Federative Republic of Brazil

I understand the problem about the Bandeirantes, as they represented mostly Sao Paulo rather then Brasil, but I find them really interesting and were a huge part of Colonial Age. I read somewhere about a bonus for converting a barb camp unit into a worker, and while that is quite representative, I find it lackluster at that part of the game.

Yes, the idea for the plantation UB would be quite good. Pumping that up with the Pantheon +1 culture from plantations and you've got yourself a strong empire. What do you think would be fitting? The Latifundio? I can't recall anything right now... I once though of the Casas de Fundição, as during the late colonial age, Portugal implemented those houses to make sure people would pay the taxes correctly. Could give a gold boost to mines, as it was really associated with the mines of Minas Gerais. Also, it could replace the mint, giving +1 gold from mines, but wouldn't it be kinda overpowered?

Well, we're getting somewhere. Nice to see a brazilian fella here! :D

Latifundio wouldn't be a good idea as a UB, I think, since they weren't located in cities, but rather spread throughout the land, so they would be better represented as a Unique Improvement. The Casa de Fundição, on the other hand, would work really well as a UB.

I like the Bandeirantes and the Dom Pedro II's ideas. I wouldn't like to see an improvement for oil - it comes too late in the game to matter. It would be nice to have a PLANTATION based bonus then, as sugar is not that abundant.

Dislike for the Ouro Preto Church, it's not a building that could be built everywhere. It's the church of ouro preto, like using Estadio do Maracana to designate stadium, which is already a building...

Like the idea of a "We Love the King Day" bonus

Yeah, makes sense. Plantation would be better suiting since so many plantation products come from brazil.

What about "Engenho", buildings uses in colonial Brazil as farms, plantations and production centres (site slaves, obviously). It could give +1 gold and production in the tile they are in. Buy I really don't lide colonial buildings and units for Brasil, because it wasn't really Brazil, just a colony.

What about "Engenho", buildings uses in colonial Brazil as farms, plantations and production centres (site slaves, obviously). It could give +1 gold and production in the tile they are in. Buy I really don't lide colonial buildings and units for Brasil, because it wasn't really Brazil, just a colony.

Of course it was really Brazil! The name of the colony was "State of Brazil", it cannot be said to be anything but Brazil; the fact that it was not yet independent is irrelevant in that respect.

Well, it IS an important part of Brazil's history, that we can't forget about.

I liked the idea of the Engenho, I was forgetting its name :lol:
Good enough.

About the Latifundio: I agree with the Orc, it would work better as an UI.

Well, I REALLY liked Casas de Fundição, it was important and built in a lot of cities. I would, though, preffer something related to the Monarchy ages, but I just can't think of anything. The Dragoes da Independencia could be a really interesting UU, imho. :)

Also, using an Engenho or a Latifundio to replace a Plantation could be really interesting! Think of it as an UI,that keeps any bonus related to plantations (like that pantheon belief) and give the plantation bonus (+1 gold) plus another bonus, probably production.

- Hey, I just though of something. During decades, England has manipulated our country, buying resources and selling manufactured products. What if - I just want to see what you guys think - Brazil could trade luxury resources for production? I'm actually trying to find out something more fitting. Buying... well, I don't know. It could lead to something. The Engenho/Latifundio could compliment that some way. I'm actually out of ideas know... damn.

Also, any ideas for the symbol? And about the Scheme colours (India has the most fitting for us)?

I do agree that the Imperial period is quite interesting, and that it would be better to have an UB related to that period. But unfortunately, I can't remember of anything right now, besides the "Casa de Exportação de Café", which was extremely important during the period, to the point that the coffee comissioners (those that served as middlemen between coffee plantation owners and coffee exporters) were often considered as part of high society, and frequently married the daughters of coffee plantation owners and sometimes even received titles of nobility.

Was Austria a country when Hitler invaded it? No, because it wasn't free, just like the conolial Brazil, we are talking about a country, not about other's puppets. Ps.: Petiscator, good idea for the trait, really unique. But what about put a plantation bonus in the trait and let the slot free for a second UU, it could be like this: "+1 gold per plantation. Can trade luxury resources for production. Pss.: The symbol could be the "Cruzeiro do Sul", and the colour, blue.

The UA bonus for plantation is nice, but I'm still not convinced about the production part I suggested.. I don't know. I'm going to really think about it.

About that little discussion regarding being a country or not... Aren't we talking about civilizations? I mean, I understand both points, but the history of a civ doesn't start from its independence. The Colonial Age should be represented somehow (although I preffer Imperial Age), I mean, we spent 322 years under that age.

I liked the symbol idea. Wouldn't blue conflict with America's colour scheme? Maybe Yellow with Green border/symbol (like a "stronger" tone of Inca's colour scheme) or the opposite of Sweden's colour scheme?

The only problem with the symbol is the colour, blue would be so similar with America. The Inca colors are really good idea, but I prefer the Swedish colours (just because of the symbol colours).
Ps.: good point Petis, I really wanted Brazil to have 2 UUs, but the "Engenho" would be a really good improvement. Pss.: Orc, what about a peace treaty, 10 turns, no discussions, ok? Psss.: any of you know how to make the mods?

Vish, I can't neither, so we are in trouble. :twitch:

Damn, so many great ideas! :cry:

Maybe some nice moder could do the dirty jobs for us :mischief:

- Well, kind of off-topic, but ArnoldI, are you, by any chance, from south Brasil?

No man, sorry. :sad:. By the way, do you know any experienced moder? I'm thinking of one who should do. Do you know the mod of Kongo?

Unfortunately, I don't :(

I shall take a look at that mod, it seems familiar.

---------------------

I took a look. It is a really awesome and well-made mod! If you know that guy, it would be great!

I don't really know him (about talk and send messages), but I know his name, Cyon, what if we sent him a meade or started a thread and mentioned him?

Okay, so if we'll send Cyon a request I think we should decide what will and what won't enter in the mod.

In order to preserve vanilla Civ5 standards of quality, I think it would be better touse a 3D leaderhead for the Brazilian leader; since adding new leader models is not yet possible, I believe that retexturing an existing leaderhead would be the best choice. These are the most fitting possibilities that I see in this regard:

Baron of Rio Branco (retextured Bismarck)
Empress Leopoldina (retextured Catherine the Great)
Mem de Sá (retextured Gustavus Adolphus)

Okay, so if we'll send Cyon a request I think we should decide what will and what won't enter in the mod.

I believe that while we can make suggestions, the actual decisions should fall upon the modder himself, after all, it is him who will be doing all the work.

Yes, this is justice. He oes, he has the right to choose too, but don't you think that retexturing Gustavus Adolphus we would be able to make D. Pedro II? It's my favorite leader.

does* -- sorry

Top Bottom