Federative Republic of Brazil

And more, the borders idea wasn't mine, was yours, in a previous post.

Oh! Now I see what you meant with defensive bonuses! Allright, the Dragoes are fine that way, sorry for my ignorance :goodjob:

I'll give some ideas for UBs :)

Casa de Fundição: +2 gold per population in this city, replaces market or bank

Latifundio: +1 food from farms in this city, 40% food is carried over after a new citizen is born (replaces aqueduct = tradition finisher BOOM)

If those are overpowered, please tell me.

IF we were supposed to have Bandeirantes

Bandeirantes: comes with Drill I, gains production per kill to the nearest city, replaces musketman

(it could represent the natives capture. Instead of converting enemy barbarians into workers - which would, at that part of the game, become lame - you gain a production bonus equal to the enemy's strenght when you kill it. Let's say you are fighting a barbarian musketman (24) with a Bandeirante, and you are near Salvador. When you kill it, Salvador gains 24 production. It would work well)

Latifundio isn't OP. But Casa de fundicao sure is. A city with pop 20 making +20 extra gold is excessive. I think maybe +1 gold for every 2 pop on top of the regular market/bank bonus would be a bit more reasonable.

I don't know, it would be nice to have an UB, why do you think that 2 UUs is more fitting?

Yes, I was thinking about the mint replacement. Casa de Fundicao is one of my best ideas so far.

Oh, and regarding the UA: will we still keep the "trade luxuries for production with another civs?" I think that trading it with CSs for bonuses is fair enough. Also, it would be quite hard to cript this UA, I don't see any possible model for it...

Well, let's just wait for Cyon then :)

Yeah, I though of removing the 25% gold from the market or bank and replacing it by that. It is kinda overpowered, though.

I believe 1 gold for every two pop would be kind of meh... A mint could easily surpass that, and it would be a building only worth building on tall empires, which is not the case of Brasil. Or it could also give plus 2 or 1 gold per trading post.

I think that civs with 2 UUs have a more interesting game (I like them).
But the Cs idea could continue and, yes the production maybe be hard to script and OP.

People, we have to decide. 2 UUs or a UB?
Does anyone know an experienced moder that isn't Cyon?

Unfortunately, I don't. I vote for UU + UB, you choose whichever UU you like, I vote for the Casas de Fundicao to be in, though. For me, Dragoes/Pracinha/Voluntario/Bandeirante doesn't matter, we just have to choose one to make an exact bonus

Hi! I was making a Brazilian Mod too... with Dom Pedro II but i dont have much time now and my english is not so good.

If you want i can send the mod files so you can continue...

Thanks

I vote for the Dragões, they are really useful and symbolic. (And we already have a good art made). :)

Man, the images didn't appear. :(. You can check it out in the first page of the thread. Ps.: Will the mod be made for GeK?

It should be compatible with GnK! It also enhances the UA bonuses (not only culture/units/food, but also faith and luxuries).

Well, then Dragoes it is! :)

Could we have an UB? Pleeease? :mischief:

Well, the mod files would be welcome as well!

Ok man, I prefer a second UU but we can algo have an UB. Casa da Fundição can really be welcome, but I would be very ocasional, having in mind that a Mint (in my opinion the best replacement) would require Silver or Gold near the city. Any idea of how to solve this?
Can the Dragão receive the same capital bonus of the Mehal Sefari, or would it get much overpowered?

I wouldn't say overpowered, but way too similar. We should think about something more original, like the defense bonus and +1 movement inside borders. I don't know, it's just an idea.

A quick fiz to the Casa:

-Doesn't require gold/silver close;
- Instead of +2 per those resources, +1 per pop (or two, we should define that)

Yes, the idea for the Dragões is very good.
And for the Casa too, but why not make the Casa generate extra gold with Gold and Silver?
Ps.: We need a name for the trait too.

Semprini made it, check in the of the first page.
We can also ask him to use it.

You should add "World Cup Champions" as a building.

Everytime "World Cup Champions" is built, the civ enters a golden age for some turns. After that the building is self destroyed.

So you can basically go on building this repeatedly for a small boost in your civilization (Must be balanced of course).

PS.: Replace our explorers with cangaceiros. A explorer unit with a punch...

Oh no, we still don't have it, we gotta find a moder. Is there any here?

I'm sorry, I'm TOTALLY AGAINST football references. Seriously. It just doesn't fit an imperial Brazil, and it's not like we win the cup every time. I mean, seriously. It doesn't even classify as a building. A golden age bonus is a nice idea aswell, but it's just like a wonder (Taj Mahal) working as a building, kind of OP. The plantation bonus + cs interaction luxuries -> bonuses is more fitting, IMHO. Check the whole thread (sorry if I'm being to harsh, I just hate football references :sad: )

The cangaceiros, to replace the scout, you mean? I can't seem to find a good use for it... A UU so early for a kind of modern civ is a little weird, and we have such better examples. Giving a scouting abillity to a later unit is different, and more interesting (but I generally agree with the Dragoes)

Regarding the Casa. I mean, getting a bonus gold from taxes should come from pop, but we could keep the +2 gold from gold/silver tiles as well.

About the UA name... Colonia de Exploração? Seems fitting (+1 gold and the trades kind of synchronize with this)

Top Bottom