Feedback after some games on V85

Ok so first of all i want to say that this is amazing work and thanks Rhye.

I did 4 playtrough in total, one with Persia, one with Phoenicia, one with France and one with Aztec, here are my impressions:

Pros:
-Military wise, the game was very enjoyable, the only advantage hof exagon tiles shine trough this part, it's very satisfying and challenging to defeat babylonia or conquistadores by using some brain instead of huge stacks.

-Early game very enjoyable, good paced, civilizations seem to invade or colonise kinda accurately historically speacking

-Diplomacy working good

-Stability system seems well for the most part, i like how civ can respawn and still be kinda powerful but some civ like china don't seem to suffer from it at all.

-Minor civ using city state format works very well in my opinion, better than civ 4 rebels

-Like phoenicia UV, Aztecs one is harder knowing you have to kill plenty of units but don't really have neighbors to do so.

Cons:
-The hexagons doesn't allow for much room, France particulary suffers a lot from the lack of space (only 2 cities max for one of the biggest european country while great britain which is way smaller in reality can fit 3...)

-4 players having completed manhatan project in early 1700's, the technology boom seems to affect asia particulary (in my game at least)

-Colonisation? What colonisation?

-I don't know if i understood well but some cities seems to vanish, maybe AI destroy them utterly

-No wonder system to make them a little bit historically accurate/coherent.

Remarks:

-Some Geological/Geographical remarks:
- The map miss the antiliban mountains near phoenicia (which peak at more than 3000m while norvegian mountain who top at 2500 m look as huge as the alps in the game.)
-The Pyrenees are no desert mountains:confused:, i know it i live here and ski every winter:snowgrin:. They're very lush, green and stay snowy till june, they should have the northern hemisphere mountain skin in game (see attached).

-I have no idea what to do for this hexagon problem that shrink europe, maybe adding one or two tiles in western france so Bordeaux and Lyon/Marseille distance would be great enough to build the two cities? But then It would makeFrance too OP? no Idea sorry

Attachments

• Pyrenean typical valley.jpg
    Pyrenean typical valley.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 16

Bonci

King
Cons:
-The hexagons doesn't allow for much room, France particulary suffers a lot from the lack of space (only 2 cities max for one of the biggest european country while great britain which is way smaller in reality can fit 3...)
I don't know, France always seems to have the biggest cities in Europe. But maybe space for another city would be nice.
-4 players having completed manhatan project in early 1700's, the technology boom seems to affect asia particulary (in my game at least)

-Colonisation? What colonisation?

-I don't know if i understood well but some cities seems to vanish, maybe AI destroy them utterly
I've noticed this too about technology and colonization, which happens but starts way later, like in 1800 (and still there are big gaps in the map like completely barren Brazil if Portugal is destroyed early for example).
The cities disappering, I think, comes from the AI razing them, I've seen independents inherit 3 cities from a collapse and raze them all.

PiR

Emperor
Supporter
Probably those 4 tiles should become dark green:
1658606224416.png

The very least would be Marseille otherwise here France has no access to Mediterranean

Paris / Bordeaux / Marseille should be a good French setup.
Marseille may be prevented by Barcelona though.

DImensiondog

Warlord
when I play France I go for Metz as the capital, Brest and either Lyon/Marsielle/bourdeaux. Honestly Metz is a must if you want to win as france. Had a whole coloinal empire in the Americas, west Africa and Vietnam in 1800 and metz was a good quarter of the production of my empire.

Top Bottom