Feedback for 2.38

hiec

Chieftain
Hello!

I'd like to give some feedback for this mod, version 2.38. I played a huge Galaxy game with the Humans. On my mid-range dual core CPU turn times were very long (a few minutes) almost from the beginning. I played on noble and the game was really easy. Once I had founded the Federation, my team ran away with the research. No worthy oponents (concerning points) in the whole galaxy by turn 130. Every single empire in the Federation was stronger than the next strongest AI. I stopped playing at this point because the game was virtually won already. The long turn times in addition to the few decisions you need to make during the early game make gameplay rather boring.

Many things in this mod are really good though. I like the techtree and the "religions". It is very cool that you can found the Federation.
IMHO it would be great if there were a scenario that gives more advanced civilizations a starting advantage. In my game, where I played as humans, my empire had more points than the Borg by turn 130. Sounds like the Borg should be afraid of me instead of the other way around.

My congratulations on your impressive work! Well done in many areas! I wonder what 3.0 will be like?

The main mod isn't quite so slow; the independent cities are to blame here, galaxy games a a lot faster without them. Even 3.0 won't fix that, though it might be better. I tend not to up-convert scenarios between version due to the large number of changes, but The Galaxy is basically a few civ re-names with the ability to found the Federation and a map, so I might be able to make a new version of it (will have to undo the worldbuilder changes, though). The Borg are probably shafted on the map due to their isolation and AI ineptness.

Top Bottom