1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on my Misc Modding Guide

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Angryr, May 30, 2017.

1. Angryr

Angryr Chieftain

Hello, I have created a steam guide on modding Civilization VI (geared towards those new but capable). It started out as an exposure guide as there were quite a few things I had to learn "the hard way" when it came to the Civilization VI modding environment. However as I continue my modding adventures I have started adding explanations on the Table Structure of the game.

I'm not the most knowledgeable in terms of Civilization modding experience and I'm very much still learning; however, my programming experience (C#, JavaScript, & SQL Server), the lack of easy access to some of this information, and my desire to help and teach others has driven me to making this guide.

I just added the sections Text & Localization and Kinds & Types and wanted some feedback on whether anyone finds it useful, thinks it could be expanded further, any other helpful critiques, etc.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, the tutorials and reference section didn't have a new thread button.

2. mihaifx

mihaifx Warlord

Hi, I think this would be more valuable if it also included the full process of creating a mod, instead of only parts of it, like adding localization.
    I'm currently interested in how to create simple mods, so instead of:

> Let's say you're me and you've created a leader trait for Catherine De Medici

you could post the entire process of adding a new leader trait.

3. Angryr

Angryr Chieftain

Thank you for the feedback!

The plan is (eventually, I don't have as much time as I would like) for all of the sections to show the steps in making that mod. So the next section would be modifiers which is much bigger than the two sections I have on there now. Hopefully I'll have time for it soon.