Fell into the friendship trap.

andersw

Emperor
I far too often just accept friendship requests ,is it just me?

Usually it's not a big issue, prev game I was double ganked by rome+assyria but here's only one warmonger far west (assyria).

Is that something you try to keep tabs on every turn?
I'm struggling in the diplo and also should probably double check when my neighbours get UUs and roughly when I want to go to war if things are quite.
I get awfully tunnel visioned and forget these things (you know, echonomy/trades, religion, settling, improvements and barbs keeps me occupied).

(this is version 2.7.3, king, epic, raging barbs).

An early dow on inca pushed them back and I settled almost on his borders, he's got 4 more cities overseas but that wont save his capital, he's currently happy as a puppy.

No idea how I manged to forward settle Portugal like this, guess thats what the AI gets for weird priorities, portugal have a coastal bias? A red text on portugal regarding to many cities but nothing regarding forward settles.

It's been strangely quite

Everyone is happy peaceful and when I'm ready to go to war I'll probably break some hearts, friendship agreements and eggs.

Guess I'll tech to catapults and burn this house down, meanwhile I can see another hill to the west available for settling.

8930_20180311174459_1.jpg

Edit: Image uploaded instead.

Last edited:
Even if you are planning on war accept them anyway. It is fairly normal for everyone to be on good terms.

I normallly play as a warmonger and am delighted to have dofs. It doesn't stop you declaring war when you feel like it.

If you have friends they might join you.

I can't think of a single reason not to dof.

I also usually accept them, unless my plan is to declare war on somebody (or see that a reason may come up quick, for example in the settling period in early game) or the person asking is diplomatically isolated. In the first case, I wouldn't want to take the (quite heavy) diplomatic hit for betrayal, in the second one, I don't want to end up on a losing side.

Thanks, the dof ended quite nicely in time for my catapults to be ready, I took Cuzco peaced out and then took some of Portugal (the 4 cities in image) and peaced out.
Carthage is next and the world aint very happy with me.

Considering how smooth everything goes its probably time to move up a lvl in difficulties.

Weird how Pocatello got so gimped in this game.

Top Bottom