1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Female Elf Settler 09-12-07

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Darque, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Darque

Darque Chaotic Lord of Dragonia

My first Civ4 unit submission :D

Here is my Female Elf Settler Unit. I modified the mesh from Chugginator's Male Elf Settler, and gave her a new skin. Enjoy!

Download

2. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

The texture is good but I think she still looks a little manly for an elf. Maybe a better idea would be to give the regular female settler pointy ears?

3. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I like her, but her face is a little unfeminine. In game, however, I'm not sure it would be that noticeable.

4. Darque

What makes her manly?
    I'm not quite sure I can add pointy ears to the reg female settler, as my 3d model know-how is not yet that great. To create this unit, I moved a bunch of the vertices around using NifScope, and modified the face and shirt on the skin.
    I might give your suggestion a try at a later point, but for now, I'll leave this model be. I do feel that this female elf settler looks better than the previously created egghead version.

5. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

I think it might be the eyes and nose - but as woodelf said, it wouldn't be noticeable in game (without flying camera enabled). You did a good job on the top though, nice shading. SceneViewer is also better to use than Nifskope, you should give it a shot.

6. Darque

7. Refar

Refar Chieftain

No. It is delivered however with the 3DsMax plugin package from firaxis. But you not need Max, if you just want to use the NifViewer

8. FuzzyWuzzyBunny

FuzzyWuzzyBunny Chieftain

Nice unit, looks good! And you did your own texture (I can't texture I just cheap out and use real pics for my skins).

9. Darque

Who says the texture is completely from scratch? :mischief:

10. Darque

Who says the texture is completely from scratch? :mischief: I used some artwork I found on the web to create the base pattern for the shirt and for the face. If I was a better skinner, I could have done a better job with the face...but that would have required me to place the skin mesh onto the face manually, and I wasn't ready to do that yet.

11. FuzzyWuzzyBunny

FuzzyWuzzyBunny Chieftain

I don't blame ya, I have a boycott on 'people' units, planes and guns are so nice... nice gentle circles and rectangles, not the anarchy that is the human body.

12. Darque

But...whats life without a bit of Chaos?