1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fesarius Option

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Jul 11, 2009.

?

Should I include the High Quality Fesarius by Default?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2009.
  1. Yes, include it! My computer can handle it.

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, there are still those of us with old video cards.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Just got civ working on my new laptop. Did a test with the high quality Fesarius option - did not notice any slowdown of any kind until I made a zillion of them in worldbuilder (and even then it was minor). I'm thinking of making this the default - what do you guys think?

EDIT: The reason it closes in two months is because the last poll I posted has people thinking it's still an open issue when it's not. Hopefully this will avoid that.

2. Jaydn

Jaydn Chieftain

I've managed to make a less system intensive version if it looses the poll... it doesn't look as pretty but it would work.

3. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

I have a pretty good computer, an I notice a bit of a lag. It's not much, and it doesn't trouble me, but there are many people with much worse computers out there, so I think you should keep the low qualtiy version standard.

4. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

i still don,t see it yet do you have a screen shoot

5. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

Can't you make it a single big billboard node of a simple image? That should look almost identical as long as you can keep it from clipping into other things.

Cheers, LT.