Feud!: From Nomads to the Stars

Sonereal

♫We got the guillotine♫
Supporter
You're allowed to play now. :lol:

Feud!

With all the IOTs that are running and whatnot, I figure its time for....this! Basically, each player is a citizen of a tribe and together must work together to create a tribe that prospers….or one that fails. There will be things that are familiar to IOT players such as technology but overall, this is hopefully a new kind of game with influence from Night of the Werewolves, Mafia, and Realpolitick and the game I was working on for CivIV, Feud!

(Updates are every 2 to 3 days)

Starting Out

In the beginning, the tribe is nomadic and there is 3x more NPCs than players in the Tribe. The Tribe is headed by an NPC Chief. This is a tutorial of sorts I suppose but its wide-open. The players can't progress in the technology tree without convincing the Tribe to settle down….or some members of the tribes. Or maybe some players don't want to settle down. Maybe some see the adventure of a nomadic lifestyle. There are plenty of different things that can happen at this point and its all about how the player's play.

If you're interested in playing, post the following:

Name: (First and Last)
Profession: (All players start off low on the social totem poll so the only things available is Hunting and Gathering)

To players who start after first update

You can enter the tribe whenever you want but you're a commoner so expect to have to work hard to gain the respect of the Tribe.

Activities

All activities require skill. The more you work that skill, the better you'll get. Hunters and Gatherers are important and the skill of the players doing the hunting and gathering are supra-important. Better success means more food which means the Tribe doesn't have to worry about food.

Player's have 5 XP per turn. XP is used for performing many many many many many actions. XP can be used from anything to trying to research a new tech (which you can do in tandem with other players) to hunting to hiding from others players to wooing NPC ladies and gents, getting married, murdering, and so much more.

You can put more XP into a single action which can result in great rewards and/or great consequences. Say for instance you devote 5 XP getting clay from a river and trying to make it into a pot and you don't hunt or gather despite the Chief telling you to, you'll run afoul with him and if the tribe runs short of food a turn….whoops!

Family

For gameplay reasons, each turn is a year even though there's definitely less than a year between turns. Why? Because inheritance, marriage, family ties, and children are important. Eventually, your character will die. What then? Well, if you have no kids you have to come in as a commoner or something with a completely new character.

Children are your continuance card so you should protect them since there's a ton of stuff that can kill you. Now, I ain't saying that there's a 1 in 4 chance you'll die everytime you go out hunting but there is a chance. There's always that chance. A plague could kill you and your family in a turn or two if you're not careful. Access to medical care is important.

Who you're married to is important as well but that should be self-explanatory. Men, marrying off your daughters to another player or NPC can build ties. In short, lot's of possibilities.

Tribal Business

At the start, the NPC Chief wields absolute power. He has a core of followers but most of the NPCs are neutral or leaning slightly to the NPC. If you're to gain power, you'll have to gain their ears. To do that, you're going have to make your name known somehow.

Aiming to be High Chief? You could if you lead a popular revolt against him. Then again, the chances of that working is low. What then?

The point is that the very way power and society works in this game is up to the player.

Sandbox

This game is very open-ended. While I will give hints to what techs are available when a new one is researched, for the most part, things are up the player.

Technology does work linearly though. There's always going to be a new tech to get to however. We may be starting off as Nomads but we will reach the stars (eventually).

Chat

And for players who feel like chatting about the game but in such a way that it leads to A MILLION PAGES a day.

http://feudgame.chatango.com/

Just register an account with your CIVFANATICS USER NAME.

New Character Rule.

Basically, a player who creates a new character from scratch shouldn't be treated as the old character. Also known as the New Life Rule.

PMs

All things sent in PM are auto-secret unless they're A.) Probably meant to be Public or B.) Has PUBLIC next to them or C.) Fails and is revealed.

Update 9​

The Tribe moved south to the marked province and its late-fall

Spoiler :

Aiken Drumn met some setbacks as some of the pigs escaped during the move. This didn't detract from the winter celebration however.

Ytrini Mpele spent most of his time fishing with the new spears and not only is he bringing in more fish than the other fishermen, he's growing very handy with the spear.

Jason Wayne, the "everyman", brought fighters ahead of the moving Marchalan Tribe and managed to kill a few bandits. Meanwhile, John Marchman's plan of having bandits lead him right to their leader lead to an ambush, killing a few NPCs and John Marchman and the surviving NPCs were captured. This revealed that the bandits are organized.

Clint Eastwood, back at camp, failed at making a poncho and, unsurprisingly, didn't kill anything with the bow due to his lack of training. His search for a smokable plant came up short as well.

Somerled Foreman quickly realized hunting isn't really his thing when he managed only to take down one deer but when it came to skinning and making the coat, he shined.

(OOC: I'm scrapping the LP idea right now until I have more time to balance it. There are two hostile territories to the south controlled by a warlord.

Current Player Characters:

Name: Aiken Drumn (Abaddon)
Profession: CHIEF
Skills: Leadership. Hunter. Unarmed combat.

Name: Chuck Norris (Darth)
Profession: Hunter
DEAD. KILLED TURN 8 BY ANGRY MOB

Gandhissimo jSuiliti (Civplayah)
Profession: Gatherer
Skills: Gathering

Name: George Frideric Handel (landlubber)
Profession: Musician (?)
Skills: Songcreating. Gathering.

Mr. Red (Dommy)
Profession: Bandit
Skills: Hunting.

Name: Ytrini Mpele (WIM)
Profession: Hunter/Fisherman
Skills: Fishing. Hunting. Gathering. Spears and Knives.

Name: Fas Barker (ilDuce)
Skills: Archery. Hunting.

Name: Jason Wayne (Ayra)
Skills: Hunting. Spear n' Shield combat.

Name: John Marchman (Black)
Job: Scout
Skills: Scouter. Hunter. Javelins.

Name: Jimmy James (Zack)
Skills: Hunting

Clint Eastwood (Darth)
Skills: Hunting.

Name: Somerled Foreman (CF)
Skills: Hunting. Inventor.

Important NPCs

Former Chief Son. E. Real
Profession: Former Chief
Age 37
Bio: Father was the previous High Chief. Chief Real has pretty much has the final say on Tribal matters.

Tribe Information:

Name: Marchalan

Government
Spoiler :
The High Chief has absolute power.

State of the Camp:
The Tribe has moved south is setting up camp. However, the Warlord to the south is a threat to the security of the Tribe.

Political Situation
Spoiler :
Chief Real stepped down in the face of Aiken Drumn's challenge and now Aiken Drumn is the Chief. Mr. Red has been banished after his jailbreak. For the most part, Aiken Drumn enjoys having wide support in the tribe, mostly thanks to Chief Real stepping down instead of challenging Drumn.

Population
Spoiler :
Marchalan's population is around 110 people at this point of time and is growing. 25 of these men are of combat age. 7 of those men are Elites from Aiken's training program.

Food Situation

Spoiler :
Marchalan boost in food from the move south and increased supply is leading to the population increasing greatly.

Economy
Spoiler :
Some gatherers are making baskets but for the most part, there is no economy.

Military
Spoiler :
Marchalan is slowly becoming a warrior brand of people. Aiken Drumn has a core of powerful fighters and the Barker Bow, while rare is constantly being improved. Spearmanship in the tribe is increasing among the FISHERMEN thanks in part to Ytrini Mpele.

Name: Aiken Drumn
Profession: Hunting

Updated player and NPC list.

Quick question. How does starting in England sound?

As long as its on the coast of East Yorkshire, fine ;)

Name: Chuck Norris
Age: Chuck Norris does not age, Chuck Norris just has another year added to his existence. (For Game play Purposes 18)

As long as its on the coast of East Yorkshire, fine ;)

I actually started a little south of there. Given that the Nomadic group does have to move around, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Name: Chuck Norris
Age: Chuck Norris does not age, Chuck Norris just has another year added to his existence. (For Game play Purposes 18)

Welcome aboard.

@Civplayah

:twitch:

:lol:

Creative name, eh?

EDIT: Actually, that isn't much of a name... can I change it to Gandhissimo jSuiliti?

Creative name, eh?

EDIT: Actually, that isn't much of a name... can I change it to Gandhissimo jSuiliti?

Yes. I'll update the post.

I'm also updating the post with the New Character Rule.

Basically, a player who creates a new character from scratch shouldn't be treated as the old character. Also known as the New Life Rule.

So what now?

Name: George Frideric Handel
Profession: Musician

Update 0

Chief Real has ordered the Tribe to stay in the red region for a time. Hunters and Gatherers should, of course, gather some food. Its currently the middle of summer.

(OOC: Tutorial level here. Send me your PMs on what you want to do. Before I get the question, talking to each other, looking for NPCs, and the such doesn't require XPs unless they're hiding).

Chief Real looked around the camp. "Aiken and Norris! Go gather a party and hunt for some food in the forest. Put some effort into it this time." Chief Real shakes his head and walks off. The NPCs surrounding eye the two nervously and continue with their business.

1XP: Hunt Deer
1XP: Skin Deer
1XP: Make a nice fur suit!
1XP: Woo lady with my dashing fashion
1XP: Practice fighting with anyone who desires to learn.

Name: George Frideric Handel
Profession: Musician

Gotcha.

1XP: Hunt Deer
1XP: Skin Deer
1XP: Make a nice fur suit!
1XP: Woo lady with my dashing fashion
1XP: Practice fighting with anyone who desires to learn.

Nice start.

Remember, anything that should remain secret from public eyes should be PM'd to me.

Top Bottom