Few questions about Rhye's

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
I gotta be honest, I enjoyed playing Hotseat, it was paced in a way that didn't annoy the hell otu of me or got bored. well. until reasearch cost started to go up WAY high, and everything took way too long to build (i'm used to quick speed)

I got 3 questions.

1. I already tried modifying the files to reduce cost of techs by 1/2 and units/buildings/wonders by 1/3, but Techs somehow got back to costing 25 turns!!? How can I turn off the d ynamic tech cost.

2. Is it possible to turn of Barbarians (and maybe Celts) but leave the "city states" (like Jerusalem?)

3. Is it possible to turn on the Congress to HotSeat?

Also

I've noticed that I'm not getting any notifications regarding Cultural city flip, infact, the City State to the elft of Babylon' starting position actualyl fliped to Persia, but neither Persia nor Babylon got the notification :/ and I do think that Babylon should get a note saying do i allow them to do so?

Thanks. I wasn't sure if i should post this in the MP or here... since the first two are regarding Rhye's in general.

1. The dynamic tech costs are coded in the DLL, so it's not easy to get rid of them unless you know how to recompile it. Your changes to the research and production costs seem to be overboard anyway; which civ were you playing then? Certain civs are meant to have a bad performance.

2. That's not too difficult if you know a little Python. All Barbarian and Celtic spawns are scripted (though semi-randomized) in Barbs.py. That file contains all definitions of spawning cities (in the form of lCityName usually) - look for the self.foundCity() lines that include the cities you want to turn off (like Celtia's).
To disable the Barbarian spawns, delete / comment out the self.spawnUnits(iBarbarian, ...) lines (don't forget the if clauses above them or the code will break).

Don't expect the game to be balanced afterwards though, the strong Barbarians are a central aspect of the mod.

3. I've never looked at it, but if you don't mind that the AI votes for all civs besides the one currently active, it shouldn't be very difficult.

To have the event wait while every player-controlled civ has actually voted would require more work, I guess. I don't know the Congress system well enough to be more precise about it.

1. Oh, I guess the waiting is just kinda tiring, I mean, I am just used to getting through quickly... :/ I really enjoy how at certain times the new civs just spawn, that's always fun.

2. I don't know Python xD

3. I was under the impression that the votign works the same as Apostolic Palace and U.N, which simply takes two turns to complete (first turn, each player votes, then the second the results are posted and take effect).

Also, remember this is all for Hotseat games

(P.S, if RFC Dawn of Civilization compatible with hotseat?)

1. Play Germany then, they're both research and production friendly.

2. Well, all you have to do is to locate and remove the lines I've mentioned (by putting # before them).

3. Yeah, but AP and UN were coded by Firaxis with multiplayer in mind, while the congresses weren't. All that happens is that the game determines the human player and asks him for his decision, and then computes the decision of all the other civs.

No, DoC is built only on the singleplayer version of RFC, so no hotseat. You can achieve a similar effect by using the cheat to cycle through civs (shift+Z?), if you don't mind conducting diplomacy with the AI.

Btw, does Stablitiy actually work in hotseat? I checked the Advisor in hotseat but there were no numbers or signs in the 5 boxes at all :/ ?

No idea, but I can't see a reason why it shouldn't.

Anyways, thanks for replies, I guess I'll have to live with the long turns.. do later eras becomes faster in general? or do they all drag for long times.

It's like regular BtS, later turns tend to take longer both in ordering everything around because of your larger empire, and in loading times, because there are more and larger civs around.

And as I said, your research and production speeds depend on the civ you play. Ancient and classical ones require considerable effort to remain competetive in the late game.

You're probably not going to be the first civilization to research nuclear fission if its your first game of RFC and you picked Greece, let's leave it at that ;)

If you want fission first, you could be historical and pick US and get manhattan first. You could also do it from the 3000 BC start and laugh at how random the world is after 4775 years of AI leadership.

Top Bottom