Few Questions

GDBreuer

Chieftain
I know this will be hard to quantify, but how much more difficult is this mod than vanilla? If I normally play @ Monarch on vanilla. would I want to go back to Prince or Noble here? I only ask because I assume the threat of revolutions forces you to keep your cities happier, thus making the game substantially harder right there...not to mention the threat of barbarians/minor civs. Any feedback here would be appreciated.

Also, how do I turn on/off different parts of the mod? I wanted to see if I could disable to Revolution aspect, so I checked out the config files, but I didn't see a true/false entry to manipulate pertaining to it.

There are 4 (I think) components you can turn on/off when you start a custom game. They're in the menu with no barbarians/raging barbarians, choose religions, no tech trading, etc. IIRC, two of them are the Revolution portion of the mod, and the BarbarianCiv part of the mod.

I'd say that the mod isn't much more difficult than vanilla, but it does take some getting used to. I normally play Monarch, and I went down to Prince for the mod. My first game went horribly, but I did something that's a lot harder to do with the revolution mod. I did a Quecha rush and conquered an enemy ~10 tiles away, and then established another city beyond that to block the AI. Due to the distance I had a terrible time keeping those cities from revolting, and had to reload the game repeatedly. However, after 2-3 games I went back up to Monarch, and I'm doing fine.

Ah, thanks a lot. I feel stupid, but I didn't notice those options down near the bottom.

There used to be a enable/disable flag in the config file before the current system was added. It's lame that we're forced to put the Revolution options at the bottom of the list by some hard-programming of the Firaxis custom game screen ... the Revolution ones are the new ones, the most likely to want to be tweaked. Such is life.

The mod isn't much harder if you play a builder style, what's difficult is conquering new territory ... it takes much more planning and execution.

Top Bottom