FF 0.43 Bug Thread

xienwolf

Deity
This here thread is for pointing out where my best intentions have gone horribly wrong.

Please post any bugs you encounter with as much detail about how it happened and possibly even a savegame. I'll fix what I can when I can :)

For OOS related issues, please read this post: OOS Logger. Then include the OOS log file as an attachment so we can figure out what caused the issue.

Changes slotted for next release
  1. Fixed a CtD caused when a unit tries to go Barbarian and has Loyalty
  2. Units will again be able to capture other units in combat

Reported Bugs not solved
  1. Instant OOS if a Human makes an attack with Patch E or later DLL
  2. Kylorin Monument appears not to be applying health bonus
  3. Korrina the Red Lady can accept Headless Promotion
  4. Aggressive & Guardsman are giving free promotions to more unitcombats than advertised
  5. Werewolf Promotion doesn't create new Werewolves, it just marks race (Actually not a bug, just something which would be nice to make the Foxford results more worthwhile)
  6. After gaining promotions while exploring Lairs, occasionally unit cycling fails to work for the affected unit
  7. Fawns can get default races that make no sense for them (possibly need their own racial promotion, elemental may be suitable)
  8. Volcanoes are cleared by Hell Terrain (due to being a Feature). Need Hell Routine to replace any tile with a Volcano with a Mountain (or even better, make it make all Mountains and Volcanoes into Volcanoes and some base Hell, possibly Burning Sands if it proves memory capable)
  9. Dowsing is not buildable
  10. Cualli Assassins show wrong model
  11. Scions Archer unit is only 1/3 proper model
  12. UnitStatistics is not recording data
  13. Barbarian World setting slows down between turn times dramatically
  14. Some Unique Features are being deleted at game start
  15. Combat Log still not disabled by default
  16. Metal Weapon Promotions can be carried into units not capable of using them
  17. Double check that Ice hands out free Ice 1 for having 2 mana, not 3

Cosmetic Issues
  1. Mazatl Assassins lack unique graphic
  2. Would be nice to have a choice on letting Raiders units auto-pillage or having them leave the terrain alone
  3. Danmos's Declare War text key is missing.

Base Code Issues to figure out
  1. Some events can happen in the same place twice in a game when it makes no sense to do so (monument inscription, etc)
  2. It is possible to enslave and capture a unit at the same time, getting 2 units from 1
  3. Unit Pathing doesn't properly account for reduced terrain costs when only part of the stack has the benefit
  4. No text to announce when a building casts an automated spell between turns
  5. Decius Leader Picture in the Civilopedia cannot be clicked to link to Decius
  6. Barbarian Cities can spawn in locations cities are not buildable
  7. Illusions only heal after KILLING a Living unit, which means they can only heal on defense.
  8. Tile Art doesn't update with the Dowsing Ritual to show/hide the NIF of the resource

Updated through Post 112

using vista,

crashing as soon as i try to start a game, load does not go past the init.
(in both sp and mp games)

( deleted .34FFH and old versions of FF, reinstalled FFH .34, patch H, and even re'DL'd .43 just in case had a bad DL, also made sure to run the installer and game as both admin and user)

If anyone is using Vista and CAN get the mod to work, please let me know. I just did a complete fresh install myself to check if there is a fundamental issue with the released version and things work fine, but I don't have access to a Vista machine to test things on that end of the spectrum.

XP SP3

It crashed after loading,and can load the AutoSave_Initial when restart

Another question,I use Sabathiel,but my warriors don't have the guardsman promotion

If anyone is using Vista and CAN get the mod to work, please let me know. I just did a complete fresh install myself to check if there is a fundamental issue with the released version and things work fine, but I don't have access to a Vista machine to test things on that end of the spectrum.
Thanks Xien, i remember this happened with the last version of FF until u fixed some kink in the prog.:)
I am in IRC if u want to ask me any questions bout it.

By chance are you a student at a college, even half a unit?
If so M$ hands out a free copy of 2k8--which for most fundamental purposes works as vista. Except wireless drivers. Dont expect wireless drivers to do CRAP on it... *grumbles*
(Although, outside the USA I recall which colleges is somewhat limited... not actually sure where your from )

If not. Hm. XD

I own Vista, bought this computer in the "transition period" where you got it with XP, but could get Vista upgrade for free. I just haven't seen good enough of a reason to swap over yet (even though it is a tablet PC and most of the nice things I have heard about Vista involve Tablets).

Verified the elsewhere reported issue with Guardsman Trait not working. I am not yet suure why/how that is happening, the trait is obviously loading onto the player (shows on flag mouseover), it just isn't doing the whole promotion thing properly. Any other traits seem buggy? (especially in regards to giving out free promotions...)

Well. I did have either HORRIBLE luck with mutation, or its acting up a little.

I got about 50%, no promotions outa it on freaks.

And the few promotions I did see on the rest seemed highly redundant, heavy, light, and resistances....

But knowing me that could be just luck.

I reinstalled the FFH2034h and FF043,and also crashed after setuping map finished when a new game was create

EDIT:I click my mouse after setuping map finished to skip the pictures at the beginning of game,and don't crash any more

Playing as the Calabim. 0.43 - no patch.

No buildable barracks. Once i get BW i three buildings show up in my build options on city screen all labeled Training Yard. Once i build one of them the others disappear as options but no barracks.

Uh... A little help here? I launched .43 for the first time, then started up a game and... the HUD doesn't show up! There's just the map, units and no interfaces - no minimap, no action icons... not even a Civilipedia button... Help!
I have Vista, playing as the Scions. Does that matter?

No buildable barracks. Once i get BW i three buildings show up in my build options on city screen all labeled Training Yard. Once i build one of them the others disappear as options but no barracks.
I researched Warfare and there was 3 Training Yard options to build

Running Vista Business +SP1

I CTD every time I try to start a game, sometime during the loading process, sometimes when the pictures come up..

Fixed for Patch A - silly error on my part.

Running Vista Business +SP1

I CTD every time I try to start a game, sometime during the loading process, sometimes when the pictures come up..

I researched Warfare and there was 3 Training Yard options to build

Also crashing on map load using vista

We're trying to sort out access to a Vista machine for testing purposes at the moment - we'll keep you updated.

Fixed for Patch A - silly error on my part.

We're trying to sort out access to a Vista machine for testing purposes at the moment - we'll keep you updated.

Thanks for looking into this so quickly Vehem, xien and others :)

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but exploring a Giant Steading (Seems awful like a citadel to me) removes it like lairs. Now, I don't know if this is a bug, but I think it's a little odd that a citadel like that just up and vanishes from looking around (And I think the benefit of having a citadel, especially holding a choke-point to my capital at the beginning of the game, outweighs the band of orcs I got from it. XD)

Does the adventure promotion work?I have explored lairs and dungeons many times,and the adventure promotion seems no effect

Started a game with the Scions. First thing I noticed was that every turn took much longer than vanilla FfH. I didn't turn on simultaneous turns, btw.

Also, the worker promotions are inverted compared to FfH. Since the icons aren't all that different, I picked the wrong one the first time.

Top Bottom