FFH fantasy map 2 (80x60)

Good Sauce

(TM)
Here it is, another FFH map based on my last one, an earth map flipped 90 degrees. enjoy.
You will need Kael's Fall from Haven mod which you can find in the modpacks forum, i'm not going to do vanilla versions anymore as there doesnt seem to be much desire for them.

View attachment shot3.bmp
I wanted colonization to be an issue, there are very limited happiness resources on the main continent, you will need to claim some of the islands if you want to keep your populace happy.
a note on the humans; you are completely surrounded by enemies, but you have the best land on the map, make use of it.
View attachment fantasyislandsv04c.zip
balance is extremely important to me. if you have issues please post them.

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I cant get the map to show up in "play a scenario" when I'm in the mod

Where do I put it to be able to use it?

thanks. (I'm playing FfH 1.0 on Civ 4 1.61)

mice said:
Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I cant get the map to show up in "play a scenario" when I'm in the mod

Actually I noticed this too. The way I got it to work was to start the game by double clicking the map file in windows. This started Civ4 (which I have preset to FFH) and immediately went to map setup. Since then, the map is there as an option every time.

Thanks I'll try it.

If... you can tell me how to set the game to Ffh.
Is it the config file in the main directory or is it the ini file in "my games ..." ??

Also ,exactly what do I type in eg. (mods/Fall from Heaven 100) is that right ??

mice said:

the map is still set for v095, i will fix when/if i put out a new version. however it is easy to fix yourself. open the map file with a text editor (ex. right click-> open with... -> notepad) and in that first section you will see a line 'modpath=fall from heaven 095' simply change the 095 to 100 and you're good to go.

Very fun map :goodjob: played it several times. but i think the islands are too rich of sea based food resorces, other than that great. Hope you will be makin another one soon:)

This map is great and makes FfH much more fun to play (this goes for the other Ffh maps you made to), played as orcs, dwarf, humans(name?), and the evil ones that start next to the "humans"...

On very disappointing turn of event where my game as the "humans", I only get 2 good city spots including the start point, (perhaps a 3rd spot that isn as good). But to my great dismay the bloody dwarfs founded there first city (except capital) right on "my" 2nd city spot! This renders me locked in-between 4civ and only one city of my own.

Was this a one-time event? Of course I had to quite the game and never to return (yet)

Drogear said:
This map is great and makes FfH much more fun to play (this goes for the other Ffh maps you made to), played as orcs, dwarf, humans(name?), and the evil ones that start next to the "humans"...

On very disappointing turn of event where my game as the "humans", I only get 2 good city spots including the start point, (perhaps a 3rd spot that isn as good). But to my great dismay the bloody dwarfs founded there first city (except capital) right on "my" 2nd city spot! This renders me locked in-between 4civ and only one city of my own.

Was this a one-time event? Of course I had to quite the game and never to return (yet)

thanks for the compliment! your experience with the humans wasnt a one time event though. i wanted it to be this way. humans have room for only two (maybe 3 if dwarves are slow) cities. those two spots are easily the best spots in the world though. you have access to almost all the essential resources. get a setteler out fast to claim the spot before the dwarves and then some early axman aggresion will put you easily up in the rankings.

Ok I´ll try speed out my first settler next time.

To bad the dwarfs goes to that spot first, they have enormous areas all to thme self.

Could the dwarf city founding have anything to do with the pre identified map parts that they get? I meen perhaps that makes the explore "my" areas" first and thus finds that golden spot.

Well, I've played this map quite a few times, on the 4th difficulty level, in an effort to get familiar and learn the quirks.

Played first as the Goblins. Stomped all over my 2 other neighbors, Chaos and Orcs, and hopped island to island.

Played as the Humans. Only had 2 cities to start, but rushed to Axemen and made the Undead kingdom my backyard. Conquered the ENTIRE CONTINENT and was threatening the other side of the map by endgame. This was the game I saw my most amazing thing. Orthus crushed the Dark Dwarves, and the entire southern reach of the mainland became a deathtrap. It took a high level Baron to take him out.

Played as the Dark Dwarves. Terrible starting point. Couldn't do crap.

Played as the Undead. Did ok. Fine starting point, nice that you can keep out people and settle it all to yourself, only worrying about the entrance. About to finish this game by mopping up the Merfolk.

Nice map, only the Dark Dwarves were unplayable.

OK, if you are like me and have installed FFH 1.0 you can't play this map as it does not appear in the scenario section. Well, here is how you can have it appear.

Open the map with a text editor.
Locate a line " ModPath=fall from heaven 095" it's in the begining of the file
Change 095 with 100, save.

That's it, now you will see the map in the scenarios available.

EDIT : woops, sorry, i didn't see Goodsauce already explained this. I just can't delete my own post BTW

Replayed as Ke-nan on monarch and emperor diff, neither time did I get enough time to settle for "my" city spot. Tried to build a settler right from the start and other methods.

Got mad and opened the worldbuilder and gave myself a settler! With only 2 cities I managed a top civ position throughout the game.

Drogear said:
Replayed as Ke-nan on monarch and emperor diff, neither time did I get enough time to settle for "my" city spot. Tried to build a settler right from the start and other methods.

Got mad and opened the worldbuilder and gave myself a settler! With only 2 cities I managed a top civ position throughout the game.

ok, most of my test runs were on lower difficulties. if i ever get around to updating this i'll shift the swarf SL a few tiles away to give more time on higher diffs.

What about adding a hill giant or alike in the area between ke-nan and the dwarfs? would perhaps make them less prone to walking there. As a human player there can be fooled away to get the city settled.

Hope you dont mind but i got this fantasy map 2 to work with FfH2, and i got it to work just putting it in the public map of the mod area also. Basically NO changes have been made.

EDIT: Need people to check these out and see if they work ok with FfH2, ok, thx.

Just go to FfH2 mod and load, then CUSTOM SCENARIO and pick whom you want to play and against etc, try using at least 9 opponets, have a nice time.

EDIT: Is there anyone at all using this??

i'll give it a try, i'll report later

edit: ok, first impression, the starting locations seem a little off... is it random? i don't know much about the mechanics of all this...

when i fired it up, i was lanun, in the old human starting position, the elves were on the right side continent with no forests, which doesn't seem very fair, and alot of the old starting locations were barren, only 7 civs... did i do something wrong?

khanjackal said:
i'll give it a try, i'll report later

edit: ok, first impression, the starting locations seem a little off... is it random? i don't know much about the mechanics of all this...

when i fired it up, i was lanun, in the old human starting position, the elves were on the right side continent with no forests, which doesn't seem very fair, and alot of the old starting locations were barren, only 7 civs... did i do something wrong?

Nope your fine, thats why the FfH2 MOD is the best fantasy mod, once your city has developed it will make its own forest area (Ancient, sometimes not all the times now), like i said above, i just made it so you could play on it is all with FfH2, before it never worked , should now, changes later (maybe) but thx for the comment. FfH2 (the mod) overrides alot of things in the map. BEST thing to do is click on CUSTOM SCENARIO and pick whom you want to play as and then pick the number of opponets, i suggest at least 9, and go from there.
But beware once you choose Raging Barbbarians (which is more fun) sometimes they come at you from 1 to fifteen at a time.

north of the original human starting position, there's a fur on top of a mountain

i still preferred the old scenario, where each civ had it's own starting position, and almost all were represented, i like the map a little crowded

khanjackal said:
north of the original human starting position, there's a fur on top of a mountain

i still preferred the old scenario, where each civ had it's own starting position, and almost all were represented, i like the map a little crowded

Nobody changed the rescources or where they were put , if the fur is on a mountain then that was there before and again please READ (item 18) above where you last posted, you can put as many as 18 civs here if you still want to.
Also did not change the positions either. All that was done to the game, was to make it playable WITH FfH2 on this map is all.
i Just updated it a little bit, use item #16 for download, thx.

Top Bottom