1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH on Macintosh?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by rmunn, Apr 3, 2010.

1. rmunn

rmunn Chieftain

I have a friend who has Civ 4 on her Mac, and greatly enjoys it, but never knew about the existence of mods for the game. I'm thinking of buying her Beyond the Sword as a birthday present so she can try FfH, but the Mac version of BtS is quite a bit more expensive than the PC version. So before I fork out hard-earned cash, I'd like to make sure it'll actually work.

Does anyone know if Fall from Heaven, and/or its modmods (Wildmana, RifE, etc.) will run on a Mac?

It is a modern machine, so it's got an Intel chip and could easily run Windows via Boot Camp; if that's the only way she'd be able to play FfH, that's what I'll suggest to her. But it would be nice if she could run it native the way she can run Civ 4 right now.

2. Kalina

Kalina Just lurking...

AFAIK because of how Civ4 works on Mac, no mods are possible. Of course, running Windows via Boot Camp is always an option.

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

The Mac version of Civ4 does not support custom DLLs, so no major mod will function on it. The only option is Boot Camp, unfortunately.

4. rmunn

rmunn Chieftain

Disappointing, but at least I found out before spending any money. Thanks for letting me know; I'll get her the Windows version and help her set up Boot Camp.