1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH Roleplaying Game Saturday!!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kyroshill, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Lascivious

Lascivious Chieftain

Delurking to say that I and a friend of mine is very interested in joining a game today.

2. mimic

mimic Magic Box

Game is starting in about an hour or so.

3. Lascivious

Lascivious Chieftain

The FFHRP network appears to be full. Is it just tough luck for the rest of us?

4. mimic

mimic Magic Box

NP I will clear out a slot for you :)

5. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

. .. .. .. .! Am I late? I was getting money in the bank :3

P.S. FFHRP is full :'(

6. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Plus I can't find any channel with people playing.
    FallFromHeavenBTS and such have no people online.

Is there some IRC channel?

7. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Well, seems like I was late too - I'm not sure about Deon now but I'll be around if any slots open up (or Hyborem etc...). ffhchat is still full though and has been for a while, if that is what's being used.

8. mimic

mimic Magic Box

Hey earthling i ve got a game set up with 4 people join quick

9. retro V

retro V Prince

Lots of people turned up this week and with all the problems getting 9 of us to synch it was decided we split into 2 groups. Unfortunately, after 2 hours trying to get a game started I just gave up.

It would be nice to point the finger at someone but it could be me. Or it is just the miracle that is multiplayer CIV (getting a game to work seems pretty miraculous). Would be even nicer if I decided to go with the other group who seem to be up and running :cry: :(

10. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

All Praise Overlords of the Seas!

11. Earthling

Earthling Deity

First, apologies to anyone disappointed by cutting things short today - I ran into a time limit myself. That said, the game I was in (2nd game for reference I suppose) was going really well. We used an Erebus map which had some minor troubles but was interesting things - the worst was the terrible jungle start for our elven player, and again I have to personally and publicly commend his willingness to stick with the game. I believe the plan is to continue/finish tomorrow, I'm certainly in. (And probably won't take that long, the Lanun as hinted above are almost done with the tech tree! Maybe yet some other faction could come out on top, you can never count the AV out, or the good guys, but that would be me bragging, but it would be exciting nonetheless).

12. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Actually I was in another game as OO Lanun. And Dwarves went AV there >8O

13. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

If you hadn't interfered I would have conquered the Kuriotates :mad:

Why did you decide to attack me anyway?

14. retro V

retro V Prince

So I substituted for the Balseraphs on sunday's continuation of this game, and to be frank it was kinda dull. The map was great. Civs were evenly spread out. There was just no politics as far as I could tell, though I suppose I wasn't there to begin with so I don't know really. It all hinges on Auric ascending now... if we even bother next week.

15. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

I didn't attack you 8o.

Once I had a priest or two harrassing your local population for razing a city where my priest went to spread religion, another day I protected the kuriotate city which gave me nice income because I had religion there. That's all. I didn't fight you more.

16. Lgaard

Lgaard King

I just had good relations with the Lanun. Sometimes open minded policy pays off. My idea was not to implement any religion as a state religion (even though I had Empyrean holy city!), yet welcome any (but AV) in my cities. Additionally practically I had no coastial cities, so my country was not that much interesting target for the Pirates.

BTW is there any rule that OO blocks the other religions to be spread in the city? I've lost 4 or 5 disciples before I eventually managed to implement other religion, and the city was size of 20 or so.

17. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

No, just a bad luck. I've spent 3 disciples trying to put religion in one of my cities :).

18. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

You did attack me. You were the one who captured my capitol. If that's not attacking someone, I don't know what is. Later you also attacked my army(and killed my hero) without warning when I was trying to capture the Empyrean holycity. Why you wanted to protect a different holycity I have no idea.

I get the Kurotates being mad at me, because I razed their city(Justified though, I think. You blocked me from building further cities with Legends, but the city itself was useless because it was so far away.) I still get no reason for you attacking me, when the dwarves were the ones complaining about having nobody to fight.

19. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

I harrassed your capital because you've razed a city which I as going to put my religion in.
    Also the city you were trying to capture was a center of current cultists meeting, so I've attacked assassins because I was afraid that heads of cult could be hurt or assassinated.

About capital: if not centaurs, I wouldn't capture it ever. I had just 2 cultists there and a single drown while having 4-5 per city. They were just capturing and torturing local population so they wouldn't attack the territory the Cult has plans for.

Is there a need to argue it now? I think I've provided clear arguments. You know, if the Cult doesn't like something, it acts fast. It's all about Hannah the Irin, that's why people are afraid of her. I was just roleplaying a punishing evil overlord puppet :).

20. Lgaard

Lgaard King

What's wrong with OO Lanun attacking Svartalfar with drowns and cultist from the sea? Especially after the Svarts proved to be dengerous, razing Kuriotate city. Lanun had perfect relations with (too) friendly and (too) open Kuriotates, and decided not to allow them to be replaced by ever scheming and cunning dark-elves.
    Very reasonable.

(BTW it was me, who killed Alazkan):D