[FFH] The Sinister Svartalfar

"Lady Volanna!"
"Yes?"
"My lady, the desert people had fielded their own army! Multitudes of Rathas -"
"So what? Don't you remember how we dealt with them on our first war with the desert scum?"
"But there're thousands of them! And they're led by a man called Chalid Astrakein... they say his spells can incinerate us like wood! And they have the werefolf Baron with them!"

"That's nothing. We will find a solution for that. And I shall report that case of doubt in Her Majesty's forces to Her Majesty herself".
-------

At first, Chalid died from a masterful strike of Alazkan's blade -

Then, the desert army was subjected to our own fire.

And that's what remained of it.

Their remains counterattacked -

But were completely scattered next turn.

Our Artist takes control of the desert -

Meanwhile, Flauros tries to attack Malakim colonies. It's hard for his Vampire to deal with the desert people's Blinding Light.

We go on:

And, since our armies are a bit thinned, sign a peace treaty.

It's good that some Malakim work for us with enthusiasm. Then again, you don't want to know what would happen to them if they lacked the necessary enthusiasm...

We advance our arcane understanding.

Using Metamagic mana, we dispel unneeded Mana sources to prepare us for the Tower of Mastery.

Even the Dwarves may have something to ofer us. They have no use for these techs anyway.

This was the day when the Tower of Alteration was started. Silence lay over Thariss, as its populace was afraid to accidentally dispel the arcane chants and suffer Queen Faeryl's wrath.

We are not afraid of any "Armageddon". Our people are strong enough.

But the Dwarves were jealous of our arcane mastery. They attacked our northern border again - with their crude, blunt weapons. The crudeness of their tactics confirms their low place in the hierarchy of Erebus' races.

Last edited:
These are the most dangerous Dwarven forces. It seems that they were able to learn some subterfuge, after all.

Our armies tear up the cold Dwarven land, with our Mages even managing to convert some of the Dwarves to our cause.

However, the Malakim remains treacherously attacked when our armies were fighting in the North.
Remember: when the Svartalfar attack, it's admirable and complicated plotting. When the Svartalfar are being attacked, that's gross and vulgar treachery.
Good thing that Mahala at least had converted away from their religion. True, the Veil is a bit crude, but what else would you expect from the Doviello?

We defeat Buboes -

And sign a treaty with the Khazad.

They recapture our conquests for a while...

But not until our armies return. After some ferocious fighting -

We regain the lost ground.

However, as we end our successful war with the Malakim, we are greeted with these messages:

The Dwarves overrun our recently conquered Northern holdings, and the Calabim invade our land with huge numbers of troops.

Peace with Kane is signed.

The Calabim capture Brakkah and are assaulting Gereth Minar. We pull troops from all around the Empire to defend it. Our Archmages convert some Calabim troops to our cause - can't these Vampires see that we Dark Elves will be always more glamorous then them!

They capture our capital for a short while, but we manage to recapture it.

However, there were too much of them. They still captured Gereth Minar.

Our Nyxkins prolonged the resistance somewhat -

But were unable to prevent the second and final capture of Thariss.

It's unknown what happened to Faeryl since the day Calabim forces marched into Thariss. Some say that she committed suicide, unable to deal with her hopes in her people crushed. Some, however, say that she's still alive, plotting her revenge, and that a certain number of people indeed saw her after the fall of Thariss - but that few had survived to tell the tale.

THE END.

Last edited:
It appears you are in a not so great situation. It appears your being ran over by twilight fans! :p

It appears you are in a not so great situation. It appears your being ran over by twilight fans! :p
Should really've focused on eliminating them instead of the Malakim. They also played an part in my Splintered Court defeat. If you actually make the AI understand the true value of Governor's courts, like I did, it's dangerous to let them alone.

Adding Edward as a Calabim leader is probably not worth it, though.

Should really've focused on eliminating them instead of the Malakim. They also played an part in my Splintered Court defeat. If you actually make the AI understand the true value of Governor's courts, like I did, it's dangerous to let them alone.

Adding Edward as a Calabim leader is probably not worth it, though.

Would you like to share this mod of yours?

Here it is. It contains quite a lot of tweaks and changes, but the core is still there. It's still named "Fall from Heaven 2", so backup your originals.

Ouch. Well, 71 skeletons is a bit much...

Well, you put up a good fight. And a good story too :goodjob:

Oh well, bad luck. It was fun while it lasted...
I actually disagree that it was bad luck, my loss was a "legitimate" one, mainly based on me underestimating the Calabim capabilities. Flauros' first war and the beginning of the second were so inept that it game me a false sense of comfort.

I actually disagree that it was bad luck, my loss was a "legitimate" one, mainly based on me underestimating the Calabim capabilities. Flauros' first war and the beginning of the second were so inept that it game me a false sense of comfort.

yeah, the victory disease has destroyed many a would-be world conqueror's plans. hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Updated the link to the modmod at post #27, since there should be no broken links in my threads :p

Ah, it failed to gather necessary enthusiasm, and there's already More Naval AI, a good and popular FFH AI mod out there (probably part of the reason for the first part of the sentence). All that usually wouldn't be reason enough for me to abandon the link, but there're few places on the Internet that allow you to host a 480 MB file forever.

Top Bottom