Ffh1 & Ffh 2?

bearro

Chieftain
Could anyone point me to the differences between those two, and which one should I start from?

FFH1 came out before the Civ4 SDK was released. It had done as much as possible without actually being able to modify any of the c code in civ4.

FFH2 is the current incarnation and has a lot of functionality that could not be done before the SDK was released.

FFH2 is the more enjoyable one to play as far as I'm concerned. If you are going to pick just one, go with FFH2.

I'd have to agree. FFH2 uses the units, religions, and much of the tech tree of FfH1, and adds unique civilizations, much more variety in magic, and a climatic endgame, or "armeggeddon counter" to ratchet up the tension.

Personally, I consider FFH1 to be kind of the "blueprint" for FFH2. It's got a lot of the groundwork done, but compared to its "sequel", it seems more like an early alpha or proof of concept.

So, yeah; you can't go wrong with FFH2.

Fall From Heaven 2 shouldnt be called FFH2, it should be Fall From Heaven IMO. It's more than a "sequel".

FFH2 is more enjoyable because of the many more additions compared to FFH, BUT there's a but... if you want to play serious MP games in a fantasy setting, FFH is better for now because FFH2 has still a long way to go towards balance (especially since not all concepts are implemented yet). So yeah, I consider them 2 different games.

Top Bottom