1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ffh1

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by maniackiller, Aug 8, 2007.

1. maniackiller

maniackiller Chieftain

So i just sat down and played my first game of FFh1!!(Which i might add is absolutely great) I wanted to try 1 before 2 to see what it was like, but my only question is when i play FFH2 am I going to be thrown into a whole different world??? Do the civs and such carry over or do i start from a fresh slate with news civs and such?? Also, was there any scenerio's for FFH1 or is that just for 2?

2. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Good, now you have a basic understanding of most of the units and religions. FfH 2 adds tons of spells and 21 VERY distinct civs.

3. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Have fun. 2 will blow you away. :D

4. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

I don't remember if I've played FfH 1, but is it now understood as a different but good compliment to FfH2, or has 2 totally eclipsed it and it isn't worth trying 1 anymore?

5. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

For most players, FfH 1 will be fun if they haven't played FfH 2 before. You probably wouldn't want to go back.

6. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Heh, I like to say that the jump between FfH1 and FfH2 is like the jump between Vanilla and FfH1. You play FfH1, and say "Wow, this is the coolest thing ever!" Then you go on to FfH2 and it completely blows the first game out of the water.

7. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Gotcha. Thanks.

8. maniackiller

maniackiller Chieftain

Interesting that you say that because that is exactly what it felt like going from vanilla to FFH1! Btw What is exactly is the count on techs that have been added?? It almost seems as if ive got 3 whole tech trees! And the new experience system is top notch fun! Overall im very impressed!

9. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

I don't like your username. :mad:

10. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

You mean his screenname?

11. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

I feel comparatively safe, at least. While "maniackiller" isn't the most conventional screenname, "chandrasekharkiller" just wouldn't make any sense at all. :lol:

12. Chip56

Chip56 King

Maniac doesn't like maniackiller.
    I really cant understand this :)

13. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

not in terms of content, but I still think that FFH1 was more competitive for the human player.

14. BlazeRedSXT

BlazeRedSXT Warlord

His friend doesn't like your screenname either...

FfH 1 was pretty incredibly... but 2 has used all the tools dreamed of there and taken it to a new level.

15. maniackiller

maniackiller Chieftain

Ive had this screenname for years!!! I honestly dont know how i came up with it, must have just popped in my head!

16. jwin

jwin Warlord

Now I would really be worried. Voices in his head are telling him to kill Maniac?

Could you maybe make sure your mod is done before he gets you?;)

17. Gamestation

Gamestation Introducing Servo

Has this thread been demoted to a discussion about a screenname? It's not like the name is "Maniackiller." This person is just a killer of any random maniac, not necessarily Maniac.

Anyway, FfH 1 was pretty cool. After FfH 2 though, I'll probably never take 1 seriously anymore because 2 is that much better and more different.

18. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

You're all wrong because in that case it would be Maniac's killer (aka Maniacskiller). Maniac Killer is a Maniac Killer, e.g. a maniac plus a killer, two in one... not hard to find either, have a look at Blockbuster :D