1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.16 Balance Recommendations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Unser Giftzwerg

Unser Giftzwerg UgLe Game Promoter

Sounds like gameplay has changed quite a bit.

Might even require turning down the difficulty knob.

Impressive. :D

Boy I sure hope my connection somehow remains stable enough to download the beast.

And as 0.15 rides off into teh sunset, I'm just wrapping up my first Calabim game. It took me well over a week to play. And oh yeah, almost all the toys came out to play. Scenario quality play in a random start map...:rockon:

Boy, I sure hope I can DL the thing. :dubious:

2. retro V

retro V Prince

In my first game, playing as Lanun, archi map with LOTS of water, having almost circumnavigated the whole map, I've not yet encountered this Dirgey whatsit.

Just thought that with all the complaints, someone should vocalise a non-negative experience with the new barbs :D

3. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

It's probably in a barbarian city. They love hiding that thing in port and pumping out skellies like it's a floatig barrows.

By the way, was religion spread rate changed? I just founded OO, and have seen about 1.5 cities per turn adopt it for 4-5 turns.

4. Kael

Kael Deity

No, religion spread shouldnt be any different.

5. Endovior

Endovior Prince

IS IT EVER! :D

Just now, I had Loki following a Kuriotate settler. It sat down and founded a Balseraph city. INSTANT conversion.

That being said, such doesn't explain the extra magic promotions...

6. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

:lol:
    He should have dance of blades and charm person castable still right? You're just asking for the level 2 spells?

7. Endovior

Endovior Prince

Yes. And the possibility of learning more as time progresses, preferrably, as with every other caster unit in the game.

8. SchpailsMan

SchpailsMan Warlord

Began playing yesterday night... ooooh, I like the way barbs are now :goodjob: It has become like a totally different game ! I kept building a lot of warriors and spreading them all over my cities to protect my precious roaded cottages, and that was barely enough to prevent them from pillaging. All this only at prince level ! I stopped playing at around year 200, and it gets really nice from now : I have founded 4 cities (capital included), spread culture far away (playing as Falamar, the creative trait really helped a lot), built a couple of Drowns and got close borders with my neighbours so that now the barbs are getting WAY easier to deal with. Getting "Apprenticeship" fast to get Combat I warriors out of the box was also a helping move, since that allows them to get Orc Slayer that much quicker. I guess Agressive leaders will really get an edge in 0.16.

I didn't run into any skeleton or anything, just "Raging" gobs and orcs. As far as those are, really, I say don't change anything. I'd rather lower the difficulty level than loose the opportunity to play openings like this one. :D

9. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

Could you give all starting settlers a special promotion that let's them ignore all terrian cost. I liked it much better the way it was with standard starting settler for all races.

10. SKILORD

SKILORD Insurgent

I posted on the thread in the Civ4 Mods forum about an entire continent with three civs on it being wiped and taken over by the barbarians, I don't know, I think that playing on Warlord had something to do with it (OTOH like I also said there Orthus spawned near me and had nothing to do with it and pretty much got caught by me being prepared for him with a bunch of Bloodpets).

As a player I am now able to deal with the barbarians, in the last build I did have like three consecutive games of Orthus spawning on me and kicking my ass followed by a lot of cursing and a no-barbarians game. But if there's anything that could make the AI more able to deal with them then that would probably be a good idea. What does the AI do differently in Raging Barbs games from regular? Is there any sort of way to pump that sort of reaction up?

idk, and I haven't played enough to really get an absolute opinion of it, but there's one more individual story with the rest of them.

11. Nimbus

Nimbus Prince

Then I am happy to report that on a scenario I had made in 15k and tried converting to 16 this is working. On a huge map, 18 civs, 2 human players on normal speed 3 of the compter civs were destroyed by barbarians by the year 190. Normally, maybe 1 civ might have been killed off in that time. Have to look that each civ has at least a chance against the barrows/ruins before i finally post it

12. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

ya, it sucks because if you got forests or forest hills around you cant even build a city 2 squares away on the first turn

oh, and aristocracy getting the happiness per military unit would be better i think, but i dont mind it being on military state because that makes military state an amazing civic heh

loving the barbarians and the sea battles now :)

13. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

Maybe the point of dirge ship is that you are discouraged from building near the sea at first.

Perhaps the dirge ship will only land troops when it sees a civ border to attack. This way your anti-dirge strategies are 1) do nothing and hope it doesn't find you; 2) build warriors to defend against them; or 3) don't build near the sea and the dirge won't attack you (unless they attack someone else first).

14. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

I fyou make a scenario, do not put too many barrows into it, as they will spawn at the start even if some are already there, so you may have overload. When I was making my map, everytime I made a change barrows would be added, and I would take them out by editing in wordpad.

15. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

I just noticed that aqueducts can be build in cities next to rivers. I'm not sure if this is new but it doesn't make much sense flavourwise...

I always thought that the fresh water health bonus is the equivalent of the aqueduct that needs to be build to get fresh water to non river cities.

16. xanaqui42

xanaqui42 King

Unless you start out on a tiny island, can't you just choose to avoid the ocean for your first city?

17. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

Could you make kraken have hidden nationality?

18. Love

Love Deity

I think that hill giants cannot be hidden, please they cant hide!

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Hidden Nationality doesn't mean you are hidden. It means that the other civs dont know what nation you belong to.

20. Nimbus

Nimbus Prince

Thanks for the tip, A quick question, the scenario has multiple barbarian cities at the start and Acheron is always built in the same city on year 8, any reason why or tip to prevent this?