FfH2 0.21 Balance Feedback

Kael

Deity
Please use this thread to discuss balance issues in 0.21.

Wasn't sure if this is a bug or not, but now that summoned units last until the beginning of your next turn, you can summon a bunch of fireballs or other units to form blockades around cities, it uses up the attacks of the AI which will attack them even if they aren't in the way, making their non city defense units totally ineffective when you have mages and adepts. Ideally the AI would try to sneak in some assassins (which it does build plenty of) to try to take out your mages themselves instead of the fireballs. If this isn't a bug is there anyway to make the AI ignore units that will die at the beginning of your turn if they aren't obstructing anything.

Scouts are now far too effective against random creature barbarians to such an extent I've had some level 6 scouts running around that I can upgrade into damn powerful units...

I think either the lowering of the animals strength was too hard, or the toughening of the scouts was too high...just a bit more tweaking really

I've found the spell "Crush" (Earth druid spell)to be overpowered. Anyone else ever run into this problem? Two druids can cast this spell on any stack and have it 99% destroyed- any stack in any city any where. I can't imagine having this spell turned on me...:eek:

I haven't found crush to be any more powerful than the Divine Fire III spell, Pilar of Fire. They are suppose to be the same level spell, only in different spheres. All the high level spells are powerful.

I havn't gotten to those other spells yet, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for the heads up though.

I'm no expert or anything but it seems a little crazy that two druids could annialate an entire army in one turn. Maybe each of these high level spells shoud be reworked, or maybe, require 2 or 3 turns to cast.. thus giving the opposing force some chance at defending themselves?

Maybe not...

It is possible now with the new Devout unit to get a 2 religion priest, perhaps when a units upgrades to a priest it makes sure they only have the proper religion (or there could always be the corrupt priests whose god they offically follow does not match with the one they secretly follow)

I havn't gotten to those other spells yet, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for the heads up though.

I'm no expert or anything but it seems a little crazy that two druids could annialate an entire army in one turn. Maybe each of these high level spells shoud be reworked, or maybe, require 2 or 3 turns to cast.. thus giving the opposing force some chance at defending themselves?

Maybe not...
I think no spell should ever do >33% damage to comprable units in a whole stack. (barring weaknesses) That way one couldn't just pile up 3 High Priests to take out every city, you'd need to allow for a counter attack.

Re: Early Wonders. Can we add something in similar to Stonehenge from vanilla. There is a lack of early wonders as is, and something that gives culture to all your cities and some Great Prophet points would be nice. Ideally, this wouldn't put obelisks in your cities so you don't have the -1 gold penalty.

Also, can the option to destroy/sell buildings from early civ games be added? I really miss being able to get rid of buildings. Getting some cash would be an added bonus, but not necessary IMHO.

I think no spell should ever do >33% damage to comprable units in a whole stack. (barring weaknesses) That way one couldn't just pile up 3 High Priests to take out every city, you'd need to allow for a counter attack.

Thats what I was thinking. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this how vanilla Civ works? For example, one can not bomb a city's units into oblivion...only half power or somthing..?..and thats with tons of aircraft, not just two units.:confused:

Thats what I was thinking. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this how vanilla Civ works? For example, one can not bomb a city's units into oblivion...only half power or somthing..?..and thats with tons of aircraft, not just two units.
Not quite, let me clarify--I think that the units shouldn't be able to do more than 33% damage each. So that if you got your 3 druids to do crush or 3 high priests to do pillar of fire, you'd still need enough attackers to take out the weakened units.
Maybe that's still too strong and it should be like vanilla, IE, one could never bomb a unit below x% str.
Or maybe these spells should only effect the strongest x units, say, their level, or fixed at 5.

I think the powerfull stack killing spells could scale back as the units get more damaged. So weakening a stack is easy, but to kill it outright would take numerous castings. (but should still be possible)

Like a sliding scale or somthing...after 2 casts of Crush there are no units left, or at the most, 1 unit with .2 strength.

If the AI garrisons its troops, which it always does, they lose. All I need are 2 druids and a defender. Game over.

The garrisoned troops don't even get a shot at the druid because he moves then casts. He's in and out before they even know he's there.

Everything my druid touches he destroys.

To make matters worse, the druids can cast this spell every turn and dish out100-90% stack damage to an unlimited amount of units every turn! Thats like 1000 damage every turn depending on the unit stack. :eek:

Unless it was intended for this spell to be the bane of City defenses...whats the point of having a stack of more than two units in any tile at any time when druids are roaming about?

what we really need is a anti spell spell of some type avalable to units with magic resistance making hem immune to magic for a few turns but with some kind of cost

Perhaps a Dimensional 3 spell that can be self-casted, that inflicts damage back onto spell-casters when the unit is attacked with a spell.

Incidentally, does stoneskin protect against stack-destroying spells?

I've found the spell "Crush" (Earth druid spell)to be overpowered. Anyone else ever run into this problem? Two druids can cast this spell on any stack and have it 99% destroyed- any stack in any city any where. I can't imagine having this spell turned on me...:eek:

I always thought of the high level spells as an actual counter to the monsterstacks that people walk around or bottle up in a city. It actually forces you to use another tactic, ie. splitting up your forces in several stacks and coordinate an attack or forces your forces :)D ) to come out ofthe city and meet the opponent in the field.

One thing about this situation is that even if a druid got killed, in a few turns the player can use Crush again with a new druid. Another thing is that Crush cannot be resisted at all.

Maybe, in keeping with other level 3 casters, require them to be upgraded from something? If there is nothing that feels right, create a new level 2 pre-cursor unit. Building a level 2 caster would already be an advantage, just not as big as a level 3.

I've found it way too easy to win an altar victory. Once you get a few religious buildings, great prophets are easy to come by. Then, the final altar can actually be rush built if you start hoarding gold...

Top Bottom