FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

Kael

Deity
Please use this thread to post any issues you are having with FfH2 0.23.

Download Here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

Patch: Patch "c"

Media Pack: http://www.gameflood.com/Mashup/Index.cfm?intModID=9529

0.23 Changelog:
Spoiler :

Fixes
1. Remade all flags so the white flags fix won't be nessesary.
2. Defensive strength modifiers will now be correctly used (previously the attack strength was always used, most apparent with the enraged promotion which aways gave +40% instead of +40%/-40%).
3. Loki correctly flees to free tiles when attacked (instead of being respawned).
4. Disabled the onUnitMove python function (for performance).
5. Fixed Acheron spawning without the Dragons Hoard.

Additions/Removals:
1. Removed the Camel Archer unit.
2. Added the Camel Archer as a Malakim UU replacing horse archers.
3. Removed the Vile Touch promotion.
4. Removed the Domesticate Camels Tech.
5. Added the Dexterous promotion (+1 attack strength).
6. Added the Sinister promotion (+1 attack strength).
7. Removed the Dwarven Adept, Infernal Settler, Infernal Worker and Orc Immortal units (they were just there to put the race tag on the unit which is now given automatically).
8. Removed the Hippus Summoner unit (not needed now that AIR is open to everyone).
9. Removed the Enforcer (was to advanced looking for a warrior replacement).
10. Broke the high bandwidth resources off into a seperate "media pack".
11. Removed the Hippus Settler.
12. Allowed building classes to used for unit requirements (so if a unit requires a training yard but it has a bannor training yard it can still build the unit).
13. Added the Bannor Training Yard building, it grants the Guardsman promotion to all melee units produced in the city.
14. Added the Hippus Stables building, it grants the Horselord promotion to all mounted units produced in the city.
15. Removed the Horselord trait.
16. Added the Ljosalfar Archery Range, it grants the Dexterous promotion to all archer units produced in the city.
17. Added the Svartalfar Hunting Lodge, it grants the Sinister promotion to all recon units produced in the city.
18. Removed Panthers from the game (functionality identical to wolf packs).
19. Changed all the 4th tier mercurian angel units to their own unitclass.
20. Removed all the 2nd and 3rd tier mercurian units (they were only there to block upgrades to the 4th tier angels (no longer possible).
21. Added a checkPromotions SDK function which checks and removes promotions from units (called from convert).

Balance Changes:
1. Changed the Acrobat to an only art modified Balseraph Hunter.
2. Made the Freak Show a Balseraph only building (instead of having it replace the Hunting Lodge).
3. Reduced the Agriculture civic from +2 food per farm to +1 food.
4. Infernal units without a race are flagged as demons (just as khazad and luchuirp are flagged as dwarves).
5. Clan of Embers units without a race are flagged as orcs (just as khazad and luchuirp are flagged as dwarves).
6. Changed the Defensive promotion from +40% defense/-40% attack to have it double the units fortification bonus. It can be learned by melee and archers units with combat 2.
7. Gargoyle's and Shield Walls start with the Defensive promotion.
8. Shield Wall strength changed from 3/13 to 5/12 and their city defense reduced from +25% to +0%.
9. Stoneskin Ogre strength changed from 4/13 to 9/12.
10. Elven archers strength reduced to normal archer strength.
11. Gilden reduced from 5/5 strength to 4/5 strength and he starts with the Dexterous promotion.
12. Required Unowned Tiles per Animal increased from 3 to 6.
13. Required Unowned Tiles per Wolf increased from 5 to 10.
14. Barbarians no longer consider animal counts in their areas when considering how many barbs to spawn (so more animals wont effect barbarian rates).
15. Bear and Lion dens can no longer be built within 5 tiles of each other instead of 3 tiles.
16. All units (that have a strength) get +1 strength.
17. Recon units bonus vs animals reduced from +100% or +75% to +50%.
18. Chaos Marauder reduced from 6 to 5 strength.
19. All longbowmen and crossbowmen lowered 1 strength, given the ability to use bronze and iron weapons and had their ore requirements removed.
20. All Heavy Crossbowmen and Flurries lowered 2 strength, given the ability to use bronze and iron weapons and had their ore requirements removed.
21. Purge the Unfaithful made into a ritual instead of a wonder.

Cosmetic Changes:
1. Added new victory movies by Hexagonian.
2. Started creating new unit icons.
3. Added the Sheaim Scout model by seZereth.
4. Added the Sheaim Warrior model by seZereth.
5. Went through every unit model in the game, corrected a ton of art errors. Documented the units that are missing non-shader versions.
6. Created new flags for the Sidar, Sheaim, Mercurians, Malakim, Ljosalfar, Infernal, Hippus and the Elohim.
7. Enchantment manas happiness boost is correctly displayed on the city screen.
8. Life manas health boost is now correctly displayed on the city screen.
9. Law manas maintenance boost is now correctly displayed on the city screen.
10. Spirit manas great person boost is now correctly displayed on the city screen.
11. Mind manas reserach boost is now correctly displayed on the city screen.
12. Added the Sheaim Archer model by seZereth.
13. Added new wonder and project movies by Hexagonian.
14. Broke the high bandwidth resources off into a seperate "media pack".
15. Moved the old enforcer art to the bannor pikeman, moved the old bannor pikeman (shield bearer) art to the bannor phalanx.
16. Added the Sheaim Horseman unit by seZereth.
17. Resized runes mana improvements (made them smaller).
18. New Dwarven Soldier model art by Chugginator.
19. New Succubus model art by Azatoth.
20. Added 29 new songs by Nox Arcana (http://www.noxarcana.com/), used with permission of the artist (thanks guys!)

Editor Changes:
1. Added Unit Art Defines to the Editor.
2. Added Events to the Editor.
3. Added Event Triggers to the Editor.
4. Added Improvements to the Editor (BtS version).

Patch "a":
1. Fixed a CtD checking for panther cages during carnival escapes.
2. Fixed a CtD when building Yvain the Woodelf.
3. Form of the Titan now plays the correct movie.
4. Nationhood correctly gives +1 happiness with Bannor Training Yards.
5. Treants spawned from Ancient Forests start with Summoned 3.

Patch "b":
1. Correctly hooked up the movie for Purge the Unfaithful.
2. Correctly hooked up the Domination and Cultural victory movies.
3. Fixed the CtD when attacking with a Skull Catapult.
4. Fixed Angel upgrades.
5. Fixed the CtD caused by Nature's Revolt.
6. Reversed the Altar and Mastery videos, I had them backwards.

Patch "c":
1. Amurite Swordsmen increased from 3 to 4 strength.
2. Fixed a spinlock issue caused by the AI weight on crew spells.
3. Barbarian spawning reduced on marathon game speed.
4. Defence percent is now saved in save games (this will break saves!).
5. Fixed the Baby Spider popup button art.
6. Fixed the Temple of Temporence movie.
7. Fixed combat odds on resists.
8. Added display of combat odds on resists.
9. Fixed Pyre Zombies explode ability.

Reporting Issues:

[tab]I have four requests before you report issues:

1. I dont expect anyone to read the whole thread. But please read this post and see if your issue is addressed in apatches you don't have applied, or in a patch that hasn't been released yet.

2. Please don't report cosmetic issues here, use the cosmetic issues thread for that.

3. Please don't "chat" in this thread. I hate it when real bug reports get lost in other posts, so please try to keep this thread as on task as possible (just for bug reports) and I will try to make sure everything mentioned here gets resolved.

4. If you are noticing an issue please make sure you have python popups enabled so we can see what the real error is. To enable python popups in your CivilizationIV.ini change:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

To:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

Wow. I can't believe how fast the gameflood site is... I've downloaded it in less time than it usually takes to wait to be able to start downloading from the 3d gamers site.

Congrats on the release!

A tiny point: the Fall from Heaven 2 023.ini file has 0.22 references still inside it.

Mind mana gives:
+3%*n :science:
+3%*n :gold:
+3%*n :culture:

Is this intended?

Also All of the slave cages now require the Hunting Lodge instead of the freak show. (Other Civ still do not have the ability to build them though.)

I'm also having ctd problems :(

After replaying autosaves it crashed 3 out of 4 times.
Don't Know if this will help but its the error report i got...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<ExceptionReport Version="4">
<Application Build="26993" Command="&quot;C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier&apos;s Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe&quot; mod=\Fall from Heaven 2 023"/>
<OperatingSystem Type="2"><Version Major="5" Minor="1" Build="2600"/></OperatingSystem>
<Exception Code="C0000005" Address="7C34FEDC"><Module Section="0001" Offset="0000EEDC" FileName="C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCR71.dll"/></Exception>
<Registers EAX="73646C69" EBX="00000073" ECX="7FFFFFFE" EDX="0268FA7F" ESI="0012F994" EDI="025BFD86" CS="001B" EIP="7C34FEDC" SS="0023" ESP="0012F954" EBP="0012F9E0" DS="0023" ES="0023" FS="003B" GS="0000" Flags="00010202"/>
<BackTrace>
<Frame ProgramCounter="7C34FEDC" StackAddress="0012F954" FrameAddress="0012F9E0">
<Module Section="0001" Offset="0000EEDC" FileName="C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCR71.dll"/>
<StackHexDump From="0012F954" To="0012F9D4">48 f3 d7 18 60 fa 68 02 00 00 00 00 60 fa 68 02 84 01 35 7c 40 74 10 18 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 d8 fc 18 1e 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 69 6c 64 73 ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00 1f a0 35 7c f0 d8 89 18 08 d9 89 18 00 00 00 00 a8 21 84 0f e8 7c 43 18 a8 ff 80 0f ac f9 12 00 00 00 00 00 98 fb 12 00 0d 24 34 7c</StackHexDump>
</Frame>
</BackTrace>
</ExceptionReport>

I too have a ctd when ending this turn. Have no idea why.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0153.Civ4SavedGame
    487.9 KB · Views: 202
I am not sure if this is a cosmetic issue or not, so I will put it here.

When I built the Form of Titan is played the Forbidden Palace video.

Baby spider gets a "pink" circle for the locator (when it is out of the screen).

EDIT: Oops, didn't see the "no cosmetics" rule. Just move to the cosmetic issues thread.

I too have a ctd when ending this turn. Have no idea why.

Graphics for Yvain the woodelf are broken and causing this CtD. It will be fixed in patch "a".

After playing about 250 turns as the Amurites (Valledia), the game crashes and dumps me to a dialog window saying that there's a problem and if I want to report the error. When I tried reloading the game, I got the same crash at the same turn.

mercurians have no unique units

Yes, that is technically correct. According to Civ4 a unit is only a UU if it replaces another unit for a civ. Not if it is only buildable for 1 civ (go figure). May need some documentation to clarify this a bit but it isnt an error.

After playing about 250 turns as the Amurites (Valledia), the game crashes and dumps me to a dialog window saying that there's a problem and if I want to report the error. When I tried reloading the game, I got the same crash at the same turn.

Attach the save and I'll check it out.

Yes, that is technically correct. According to Civ4 a unit is only a UU if it replaces another unit for a civ. Not if it is only buildable for 1 civ (go figure). May need some documentation to clarify this a bit but it isnt an error.

in .22 the mercurians were listed as having unique units, and the lunnotar are counted as a unique unit, or is there some inconsistency in my argument?

Top Bottom