FfH2 0.25 Cosmetic Issues Thread

BeefontheBone

Windbag of the sea
Figured I'd kick this one off with this while I think about it - typo in the pedia entry for Remnants of Patria - "mankinf" rather than mankind.

Playing 0.25 with no patch:

- the 3d art for Sand Lions are just plain red domes.
- The button art for the Siege Workshop needs a transparent background.

I'll restate it here then: I think the background image in the main menu should be pillar boxed, not stretched.

For some reason I'm not seeing the "city is connected to trade network" icon or the "city is in revolt" icon when they should appear; just a blank space where they would be. I checked to make sure I could see them in vanilla BTS and I can see them there just fine.

ya only religions and def % are showing up

0.25, no patch:

* The archmage has a black box around his head glow.
* Govannon has a black box around his staff glow.
* The Valor promotion has two messages that the unit gains 1XP from combat, one is redundant.

Are you planning the reinclude the advanced dawn of man screen? I'm always quit shocked by the large technology icons when I start a new game :)

Would be nice to get rid of the Vanilla hints for the loading screen when starting a new game/loading a savegame. Quite a few useful things you can throw in for this game which will help those new to things (like what multiple mana nodes do for you, or what types of mana are useful for which playstyles)

I would like a different main menu pic. i mean its nice and all, just a bit too warped. the old one was my favourite by far, the one with Hyborium and os Gambella flanking the title...

juct my 2c
Not sure how it works, but a selection of menu pics chosen at random would be awesome...

Would be nice to get rid of the Vanilla hints for the loading screen when starting a new game/loading a savegame. Quite a few useful things you can throw in for this game which will help those new to things (like what multiple mana nodes do for you, or what types of mana are useful for which playstyles)

Excellent idea.

Alert icon for enemy unit dispalys both start and end posistions of the unit.

Hanny, are you sure it wasn't residual icon notification from the last turn? I have frequently not cared about an enemy in my territory because the city hasn't had a worker near it yet and is well defended, so just clicked through a couple turns really quick. I wind up with a large trail of icons since the turn is fast enough that the icon doesn't dissipate for 3 rounds or more (and a new one appears for each following turn as the unit moves around my city)

Hanny, are you sure it wasn't residual icon notification from the last turn? I have frequently not cared about an enemy in my territory because the city hasn't had a worker near it yet and is well defended, so just clicked through a couple turns really quick. I wind up with a large trail of icons since the turn is fast enough that the icon doesn't dissipate for 3 rounds or more (and a new one appears for each following turn as the unit moves around my city)

We are probably seeing the same thing then, ie the icon display is set for too long a period, but no, this was a single turn.

Yvain the Woodelf's lost his capital W.

I am repeatedly having trouble finding these animals. I just love the Grand Menagerie but I rarely if ever see these two animals. Wolves/bears/spiders I have no problem with.

Thanks again for a great mod!

Yes, I know that tactic and am trying that often. I find one tiger or gorilla about one out of ten games. Usually by the time I have the correct promotion they are already dead by the AI scouts. I am just hoping for a tiny upping on the amount of them being spawned.

Top Bottom