FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

Kael

Deity
You guys know the drill. Post any errors you find with FfH 0.31.

Downloads:

Patch "a"
1. Fixed an error in the Rob Graves function.
2. Fixed an error in the Arcance Lacuna spell.
3. Summon Djinn now correctly requires Metamagic III instead of Earth III.
4. Graft Flesh now correctly requires Body III instead of Earth III.
5. Fixed broken graphics on the Repentant Angel unit.
6. Fixed a CtD caused when a unit moves into a Scrubs tile.
7. Fixed a CtD with the Azer event.
8. Units can only pick up equipment they own.
9. Fixed an error with Dispel Magic caused by using it on a mana node without an improvement.
10. Blasting Workshops won't break Golems anymore.

Patch "b":
1. Fixed a WoC caused by barbarian units betraying loop (thanks Sto!).
2. Fixed the Summon Djinn spell so it actually summons Djinn's.
3. Lucian isn't conscriptable anymore.
4. Fixed an error in the postCombatHeal50 function.
5. Fixed the Mask ability.
6. Removed Ranged Defense provided by Forts/Castles/Citadels (it was causing a lot of CtD's, I'm tryign to fix it but for now its disabled so people can play while I work on it).

Patch "c":
1. Fixed an error with the Bandit Nietz event (so he correctly gets his promotions, thanks JJR!).
2. Pestilence event gives temporary unhealthiness to cites instead of killing population.
3. Events are back in and working (I had them disabled for testing with b and forgot to turn them back on, oops).
4. Fixed Blight so it wont trigger multiple times on one civ.
5. Ranged Defense is back in and working correctly.

Patch "d":
1. Adepts only get free level 1 sphere ranks if you have 2 sources of that mana.
2. Mages get a free sphere 2 ranks if you have 3 of that mana.
3. Archmages get a free sphere 3 ranks if you have 4 of that mana.
4. Religion will be carried over when units upgrade.
5. Increased the duration of Entangle from 1 round to 2 rounds.
6. Angel's of Death lose the ability to perform spy missions (except investigate).
7. Shadows regain the ability to investigate.
8. Hunters/rangers Beastmasters lose the ability to build camps (was causing WoC's).
9. Fixed an error with the Dispel Magic spell.
10. Fixed an error in the Bandit Nietz event that would cause Nietz to be broken on creation.
11. Fixed an issue with the "Last Days" game option (formorlly it doubled the effect if the option wasn't selected).

Patch "e":
1. Evil civs will declare war on those nearing completetion of the Altar of the Luonnotar.
2. Updated Graveyard graphics by seZereth.
3. Pirate coves cannot be built within 3 tiles of each other.
4. Fixed a CtD caused by the Elven Mercenaries event.
5. Fixed an issue with the Citadel of Light (thanks Sto!).
6. Fixed an error when a Beast of Agares kills a Paladin (thanks Sto!).
7. Fixed the Amurite Pilgrimage event, Malakim Pigrimage event, Trent Spawning, Mealstrom, Kidnap spell and Teleport spells so they wont cause WoC's (thanks Sto!).
8. The Ogre Mercenaries event won't trigger automatically with the founding of the Guild of the Nine.
9. Hyborem's Whisper will only trigger in single player games (was causing OOS's).
10. New Ljosalfar Mage model by seZereth.
11. Player options will follow you if you switch players (so you wait at end of turn will be set when you switch to Hyborem).
12. Maelstrom reduced from an average of 25% damage to 15% damage.
13. Tower of Mastery moved from Arcane Lore to Strength of Will.
14. Free Sage moved from Writing to Arcane Lore.
15. Illusions cannot pickup equipment anymore.
16. There is a visual cue (the great wall graphics around the empire) when the Sanctuary effect is in place.
17. Wolves have a 10% chance to upgrade to wolf packs when defeating units.
18. Wolf packs have a 10% chance to spawn new wolves when defeating opponents.
19. Pyre Zombie explosions won't start wars.
20. Hidden Nationality units can create units through combat (not capture, but they can spawn baby spiders, werewolves, wolves, etc).
21. War Elephants reduced from 8 to 7 strength.
22. Dwarven Smith production bonus increased from +10% to +20%, it is half cost with Industrious, and removes the Rusted promotion.
23. Slave hurry amount reduced from 15 to 10.
24. Repentant Angels get -1 strength when they kill living units (instead of +4 strength).
25. Fix to keep Burning Sands expiration from causing CtD's (only seemed to effect Vista, thanks Calbrenar!).

Known Issues:
1. "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. You will recieve this error if FfH isn't installed in the correct location (under Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods). If you don't have Civ4 installed to that location just make sure the FfH is installed in the same directory as Final Frontier, Age of Ice and the other mods that came with BtS. Also make sure you have installed the full mod and not just the patch.
2. The mod loads okay, but when you go to start a game it crashes. You experience this error if you aren't running BtS patch 3.13.
3. If your units look okay when moving but turn back to normal civ4 units when standing still its because you have "Freeze Animations" turned on in your game options.
4. You get an ERA_ORDE error when you try to start the mod. This means you haven't installed the full mod, only the patch. You need to download and install the full mod.
5. Vista users have reported crashes if they have UAC (User Account Control) enabled.
6. You can't group Hidden Nationality units (would cause CtD's if we allowed it).
7. Racial models (orcs, elves, etc) aren't displayed in the bottom left unit window. Unfortunatly that is coming from the graphics engine and we don't have the ability to intercept and fix it.

Reporting Issues:

I have five requests before you report issues:

1. I dont expect anyone to read the whole thread. But please read this post and see if your issue is addressed in apatches you don't have applied, or in a patch that hasn't been released yet.

2. Please don't report cosmetic issues here, use the cosmetic issues thread for that.

3. Please don't "chat" in this thread. I hate it when real bug reports get lost in other posts, so please try to keep this thread as on task as possible (just for bug reports) and I will try to make sure everything mentioned here gets resolved.

4. Please don't report issues for other mods in this thread, even FfH modmods.

5. If you are noticing an issue please make sure you have python popups enabled so we can see what the real error is. To enable python popups in your CivilizationIV.ini change:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

To:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

Date added July 23, 2006

Downloads 127, 029

OK, I see. Just the banner is an old one.

It took me to....Game Flood.

Downloading now.

Odd, its working fine for me as well. (other then being too slow.... 20% and counting)

Gameflood looped endlessly for me in firefox, switched to IETAB and worked first try, now at 52% and counting.

Not a bug, but should come later, on year 13, playing Amurites i got the event to switch nations with the Sidar
also, Year 15 i built a palisades, and had the 2nd rings of culture, this gave me +20% defense, not +15% defense.
edit, nevermind just saw it went up from 0/5/10/etc/ to 0/10/20/etc.

I can't seem to upload right now, but the game keeps crashing to desktop, while playing as blasp. I keep reloading to different points, and it'd still crash to desktop, ie...1st crash at turn 51, so I reload back to turn 49, and it would still crash. I have no idea why. Hopefully someone else is able to post upload, or tomorrow morning it'll work and I'll upload.

RobGrave spell error

Attachments

• ffh031-err.jpg
    ffh031-err.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 925
Had a scout on a graveyard twice, tried rob grave each time and both times nothing happened, just graveyard disappearred/razed? also not a bug, maybe a balance but see no balance thread, so my scout was in the jungle and was killed by a Polar bear, felt like i was on the island in Lost, never found any snow around maybe they should be blocked from being able to enter jungles.

Reproducible Crash to Desktop - move the scout north/northwest onto the scrubs.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0084.CivBeyondSwordSave
    183.8 KB · Views: 159
I am losing a hammer whenever I build a farm irregardless of whether I have the Agriculture civic on or not. A plains hex by a river is 1/1/1, with a farm it is 2/0/1 with Agriculture and a farm it is 3/0/1. I thought we were only supposed to lose a hammer if we had the agriculture civic.

First, gratz and thanks for .31!

I just finished mine 1st game and I noticed 2 things:
1/ Life mana should be moved to Alteration (build life node is still on Divination)
2/ I got crash on Azer event. Other events was fine.

Hello, i played Amurites to test all the new magic stuff etc.

After casting my world spell, all my arcane units got insane high xp, something like 1235621 xp.. well was fun to play with all the spells ;) , but i dont know if that prob was already mentioned. if you need a save, tell me.

offtopic, im sad i cant build war elephants anymore. tech is gone?
but all in all its good, i like it - i think it's on a good way. :)

Hello, i played Amurites to test all the new magic stuff etc.

After casting my world spell, all my arcane units got insane high xp, something like 1235621 xp.. well was fun to play with all the spells ;) , but i dont know if that prob was already mentioned. if you need a save, tell me.

offtopic, im sad i cant build war elephants anymore. tech is gone?
but all in all its good, i like it - i think it's on a good way. :)

you can cature animal elephants and upgrade them to war elephants, now.... isnt ithat even cooler ;)

BTW: GF manager told me i downloaded FfH 0.30 successfully.. ok, might be not updated number or something. but where is it, i cant find it on my comp? i am sure it downloaded somthing for some minutes until being at 100%...

Graveyard spawning event, has to do with too many diseased bodies, and the city requesting a graveyard. You can pay money and make a graveyard on a free tile, do nothing, or make pyre zombies if you're the sheaim

The bug: If you do nothing, the tool-tip says +1 unhealthiness in all cities. In reality, it only affects the city the event occurred in.

I don't think kidnap works. To test it I opened borders with all 9 civs on my island and went to every city several times to see if the icon would light up. Then I planted recon on every city and waited for GP to pop. A great scientist popped was used and the icon still didn't light up. Seems to me like it isn't working.

According to the pedia, Summon djinn require earth III instead of metamgic III.
Graft flesh requires earth III too instead of body III.

Also the event where some duke dies and you get his gold got an option which requires an obleisk in the city even though i had an obelisk there i could not use that option.

Top Bottom